| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oregon/Washington Jam 3/29
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2009 11:12 pm    

It is that time again boys and girls, a big steel jam Sunday March 29th at Jubitz truck stop in Portland Oregon.

In the past we have had players 3 deep in places as we have so many great players turn out. This time we can seat all 30 of us in one, yes one, big circle on the new and improved dance floor at Jubitz.

As always the jam starts at 1:00 and goes several hours. To all of the Washington plays, you know who you are, get yourselves down here, you are not getting any younger and we would love to steal both of your licks. Razz Razz Razz

Lap players are welcome, please bring the biggest amp you own, as it is a big room and we would love to hear you play. Very Happy

10350 N Vancouver Way Portland Or.

If you have questions call me:
Larry Behm
503-722-7562
Dave Harmonson

Seattle, Wa
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2009 6:48 pm    

Larry,
If I can get past those nasty border guards in Oregon I might be able to make this one. Thought I'd better warn you.
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2009 10:55 pm    

Well Well...

I'm going to have a brand new set of teeth to show off, and a new Marshall Half Stack 4-12 to plug myself and Ray Montee to use so he'll get HEARD..

Connie Jo is going to send you an email list of "whatevers", Larry, so look for it.

FINALLY the BAND is getting PAID, and there will be PLENTY of Room in an EASY place to get to from the freeway. Rooms, and GREAT FOOD.

I'm looking forward to going.

Smile

EJL
Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2009 12:58 pm    

Looking forward to it!
David Kellogg

Tualatin, OR
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2009 5:37 pm     Can't wait

It was such a thrill last time, I wouldn't miss it.
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2009 5:00 am    

TTT

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
Steve Hotra

Camas, Washington
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2009 8:49 am    

Hey Larry;
e-mail sent with a few questions.
Steve
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2009 8:10 pm    

Well, I think I'll be coming up north to join you all for this jam.

I think I know the rules... as a Californian I promise not to purchase any real estate... and not to actually move to Oregon or Washington Smile

I've made the decision that this might be a great place to try out my new PV Nashville 115 Smile

Here's a link to pix in the Electronics section:
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=153303

Can't wait to meet more steelers from the NW, especially since I just missed my annual trek to LA for Mike P.'s jam. My wife fell and broke her hip, so she won't be joining me on this trip... but I bet she makes the next one Smile
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2009 3:53 am    

Dave that sounds great. We play a lot of shuffles so bring your best licks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
Twayn Williams

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2009 8:34 am    

Eric West wrote:
I'm going to have a brand new set of teeth to show off, and a new Marshall Half Stack 4-12 to plug myself and Ray Montee to use so he'll get HEARD..

That half-stack ought to sound killer, in more ways than one!

Ray has a SF Twin, maybe I can talk him into bringing it instead of his prize 15watt Valco(?)...

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2009 11:55 am    

Lar........I'll see you there!
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2009 6:14 am    

Two weeks from today (Sun). Come on down you Washington players, we have more room, more food, and more dancing girls. I am going to bring my banjo, so a good time will be had by all.

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2009 11:06 am    

Larry, if you DO get all 30 seats filled up, you realize there'll be about an hour wait between each player's chance to pick?! At the LA Perl Jam, we finally had to start signups and limit the size to 15 pickers/day, it just got unwieldy otherwise.

Have a good one, I'm even contemplating coming up.
Steve Hotra

Camas, Washington
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2009 1:17 pm    

I'm planning to get there as soon as I can.
Hope there's still room for the late arrivals ( 1:00 pm)
Looking forward to the jam!
Amps: Mesa Express 5:25, Jazzkat Tomkat & Boss Katana head / various cabs.
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2009 1:26 pm    

John I hear what you are saying but it works for us. We tried the one at time system but some would not play anything for hours.

We could make smaller groups but have not tried that for the same reason as above.

We have lots of really great players in the NW. Our primary goal for getting together is to share time with one another, slap backs and tell lies, check out someone latest gear etc. We try to play for about an 1 1/2 hours, take a break and start back up again until we just give out.

We also have a lot of young players so this also gives us a chance to support them and make them feel welcome.

WE would love to have you come up, I think you would have a good time. If you need a place to stay, call me.

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2009 2:41 pm    

Thanks for the kind invite, Larry!

Guess I don't understand your format: at ours, we just play a single BIAB song, everyone gets a turn playing the track, till everyone has had a ride. How do you guys manage it?

We play, stop for lunch right there at the host restaurant, play afer lunch till we drop, then go home and collapse. Some of us start practicing that night on the songs we sucked at! Wink
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2009 4:07 am    

John we do the same thing, we have a real band that brings their gear and sets it all up, just for us. We are lucky and we have all played together over the years.

We tend to eat when ever we can so during our breaks it gives the band a chance to "rest".

In the early days (70's) Jeff Newman told us (Washington and Oregon) we were the only steelers west of the Miss river doing this kind of thing. Now folks get together everywhere.

The brotherhood we have up here is amazing. NO egos, No showoffs, No attitudes, just great guys sharing the love.

The quality of the steel playing up here is terrific. Many of us grew up together sharing ideas etc for years.

With that said, get a ticket or a tank of gas and come share the love, and the great sound of some "hot" steel guitar.

Larry Behm
Eric West

Post  Posted 19 Mar 2009 8:50 pm    

No Egos. No Showoffs, No Attitudes..

I hope we have a better reputation than that...

I'll be showing off my new set of TEETH. I got the "Obama Set", that a lot of people are getting, so I'll be easily spotted. Actually it's been a rough month getting all the old deep snags pulled and a lot of couch time and drainage.

The Five Bands for Five Bucks thing last weekend was GREAT there. Got to see and hear people I hadn't for years.

This year, I'm hoping that we'll have more people that have missed previous ones because of the small and out of the way places we've had to have them.

I5, North or South, Exit 307, and follow the Diesel Signs.

God willing, I'll be there and hear Ray Montee through my Marshall Half Stack so we can get him heard on that plastic geetar.

Smile

EJL
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 7:11 pm    

One week and counting.

Larry Behm
503-722-7562
David Kellogg

Tualatin, OR
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2009 7:16 pm     2 steels

The last jam was my first and I didn't know much about playing but now I'm learning and don't have enough skilz to play at the jam but I will bring my Sho Bud Pro ll and my Mullen RP and will set them up for anyone that shows up without a guitar but can play. Like Pete last Nov. Just being there will be a high for me.
Just a note, pedal steels are the most addicting sound machines I have ever seen. I know I'm eventually going to need an intervention. Larry can attest to that.
Eric West

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2009 5:51 pm    

OK, a bump.

I just got my BRAND NEW TEETH this afternoon. I was sweating complications, but knock on wood, it all went as planned. Blood, screaming, bone crunching/rasping, and the whole thing.. 4 grand, 19 exctactions included. Paid in full before I walked out. I thought about just telling them I was gonna use the biffy and crawl out the window..

It's nice that we can finally have it there in a place thats EASY to find, has good food, rooms, and enough room for our clan.

Smile

EJL
Shorty Rogers

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 9:11 am    

Four grand for wooden teeth???? Wink
Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 4:44 pm     Biffy?????

HEY ERIC,

I'm from the midwest and I haven't heard the word
"BIFFY" since I was a kid in the mid 1950s. he he he Laughing

ROGER
Eric West

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2009 9:59 pm    

Well if nothing else people will come to see an old guy with the Obama SmileÖ. I'll even felt tip my gums blue...

Just took them out for the first time, and doing that and putting them back in hurt more than any of the extrac... well, almost...

Tony Glassmann and I are gonna do breakfast there about 1000 and hope for our favorite little Shicksa Waitress(The manager..)..

I'm inviting anybody I see, and I sure hope it'll be a good'un. We'll see if Dr Tony can heat up those ball bearings on his Cooperated Sho~Bud.

I just changed my strings for the firs time in a year..

Wink

EJL
Steve Norman

Seattle Washington, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2009 12:17 am    

got some shows or I would be there. Hopefully next year... I want to come down to pdx and grab some lessons soon