| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ''2004 Gospel Steel Guitar Show ''
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 3:58 pm    

It's confirmed January the 24 th at 6:00 pm. Hi, fellow steel players and thank you b0b for the forum to share our ideas with others. I am in the process of planning a Gospel Steel Guitar Show in the Columbus Ohio Area. I have a great place for it and it is the Parsons Ave. Church of God . Located at the corner of Parsons Ave.and Colton road here in Cols. Just one block north of Williams Rd. It will seat about 300 and i'm planning a ''speed picking'' and ''pretty steel'' seminar for that event and Mike Sigler will be teaching this, also mike said that he would handle the reservations for the seminar if you are planning on being a part of that.At this time i have these steel players confirmed to play -Mike Sigler,Phil Perry,Greg Zimmer,Jerry Miller,Dennis Robison,Kenny Krupneck,Gary Phillips,Mike Lashaway,Walt Wilson, Larry Cole ,Rick Johnson and myself.Rick Troyer of sugarcreek music studio and music store said he will try his best to make the show .Also Kenny Rollins of ''Steelers Choice '' pack-a-seats said that he may be able to be with us also,that would be great . But i'm hoping that other players will come also,it's early yet. I will need some other players to help out in this ,i'm thinking of piano,bass,drums,and guitar players . I will have some guest singers to help out also. Thanks. And GOD bless you all,regards,,Gary.

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 04 December 2003 at 03:20 PM.]

GARYPHILLIPS

SOMERSET, OHIO ,PERRY
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 4:12 pm    

Hey Gary, I think it would be great I will try to help you all i can. Gary Phillips

STEELIN FOR JESUS.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 5:00 pm    

Hi, Gary and thanks . I will need all the help that i can get.I will keep you posted.
regards,,,Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 5:16 pm    

Yes!!! Larry Cole where are you?
P Perry

Lebanon, OH, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 6:06 pm    

Just Let me know what I can do.
Phil Perry
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2003 6:41 pm    

Hi,Phil i was hoping to hear from you and i will be looking forward to seing you . i'll keep in touch. GOD bless . Gary.
LARRY COLE

LANCASTER, OHIO, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2003 5:20 am    

Here I am Kenny. Im way ahead of you. Gary and I already talked about this last week. I expect you to be there too. I will take off work that day if I have to.

------------------
Playing For JESUS,LC. WILLIAMS U12, SHO-BUD PRO1,CARVIN TL60

Rick Johnson

Wheelwright, Ky USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2003 7:37 am    

Depending on the date, I might make it.

------------------
Rick Johnson
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2003 1:54 pm    

Hi,Rick i know its a long drive for you and the bride but i still expect you to be here !!! Get that old ''Emmons'' out of moth balls and clean her up . Put those new strings on that i gave you . They were'nt a christmas present you know !!. G.P.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2003 8:13 am    

Yeah Rick, I'd like to see,and sit behind your Emmons,and give it a test drive. By the way,where is Greg Zimmer,and Jerry Miller?
Whip Lashaway

Monterey, Tenn, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2003 9:47 am    

Gary
Keep the info posted. I'll try to make it and help out if I'm available. Been real busy lately and looks like I'm about to get busier! God Bless.
Whip

------------------
Whip Lashaway
Sierra E9/B6 12 string
Sierra E9/B6 14 string
78' Emmons D10 P/P

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2003 2:50 pm    

Well it's confirmed i have a date from Mike Sigler . He is not only going to play but he is going to teach a ''speed picking'' seminar,and how to play the ''pretty'' stuff. I'm going to charge $10.00 for that and it will be great,you can ask any questions that you may have, Mike will lay it all out for you, now all i need is some students for him and remember this $10.00 goes to Mike .Have you paid for any steel lessons lately ? $10.00 is a ''steel''. The show will start at 6:00 pm. and the seminar will be at 4:30 pm . that will give us a little time to rest before the playing. i'm really excited about this because it is the first time we have had anything like this at our church. we will have food in the fellowship hall and the players and their spouse will eat for free. The date is January the 24-t/h. 2004. if you need to talk to me my cell # is (614)774-3109 and home # is (614) 491-7379. Ok all you steel players make arrangements to come ,i know it will be great.It's open to all players . If i forgot anything i'll edit later. thanks all . Regards,,,Gary. ''Adding'' an edit I am not charging anything for this but we will take up a freewill offering to offset the cost. Thanks.

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 13 November 2003 at 02:56 PM.]

[This message was edited by Gary Preston on 13 November 2003 at 05:35 PM.]

Greg Zimmer

North Central Florida
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2003 5:07 pm    

hey gary,ill do what i can also. see ya! greg zimmer

------------------
U12 WILLIAMS 400 series 7X5
transtube fex
DPC 1000, 2 B/W SPKS

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2003 7:38 pm    

Hi, Greg it's good to hear from you and thanks for your reply. If you can make it i will be glad to have you on the program. Us ''Willy'' guys have to stand together you know . I'm looking for a great program and line up of players also. Thanks Again. Regards,,,Gary.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 7:17 am    

Ok all you Ohio steel players where are you ?? Not only Ohio but everyone else.AT this point i'm thinking i have around 12 or 13 steel players and i also have some back-up musicians . this is going to be a great evening of Gospel music . Please let me know real soon so i can start making plans. Thanks . Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 10:58 am    

Sounds like we'll have a great time.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 11:00 am    

I wish Reece could be there too.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2003 2:31 pm    

Wake up Kenny . Reece probably wont even look at this much less think about coming .I'll no doubt have to make a trip to kentucky and put strings on Ricks steel to get him to come !! . But all kidding aside the number of players is growing . I think i have about 14 players at this time .And i hope that it grows even bigger. Thanks . Gary.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Columbus, Ohio
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2003 10:32 pm    

Sounds good Gary.Wonder if Sonny will make it? It'll be good to see him again.
Jerry Miller

Post  Posted 17 Nov 2003 10:40 pm    

Hey Gary count me in lookin forward to it.
Jerry
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2003 2:47 pm    

Hello Jerry . It's good to hear from you . You are in brother . But you will have to play for me ''I'll Fly Away '' on the C-6th . I have never heard it any better. By the way if you know any keyboard players and bass players invite them to come . I want to have plenty of musicians . Thanks my friend . And i am going to try to make your christmas show . Regards,,,Gary.
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2003 7:44 am    

Hey Gary, I will be there to see the other players, would like to get in one of the classes, when is this? steveb. carter D10 8+5.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2003 1:54 pm    

Hi Steve and thank you for coming . at this time the seminar is scheduled to be at 4:30
but depending on how many that wants to be a part of this and if Mike can do it we may have to do this a little earlier ( but Mike is handling this ) . Whatever he decides to do is fine with me . We are expecting a great time and good fellowship. I want everyone to enjoy themselves . If you have any questions please ask. Regards,,,Gary.
By the way Mike Sigler has his steel guitar forum if you want to be a part of that .
Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2003 5:59 am    

Guys
We will start the seminar at 4:30 and run about an hour, We will cover many things from licks & riffs to tone and amp and effect settings..
We will do Question and Answer's and just have an over all great time while serving the lord.
Please feel free to e-mail me for your seminar reservations at:
mikesigler2003@yahoo.com
Seats are filling fast!!
Mike

[This message was edited by Mike Sigler on 20 November 2003 at 06:01 AM.]

Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2003 1:04 pm    

Thanks Mike for the update . It is sounding better all the time . Listen fellow players you wont get a better deal than this ,professional teaching for the price of a happy meal !! As Mike said we are looking for a great time of fellowship and good time in the Lord. And also some great food . Regards ,,,Gary.