| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lap Steel Cases
Michael Johnstone

Sylmar,Ca. USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2009 11:20 pm    

I got these in a trade years ago thinking I might have a use for them someday but that just hasn't happened. They could be just what someone else is looking for though. All are structurally sound and all the hinges and latches work and handles are original. They're all at least 50 years old and show the typical wear. This one has a thatched fabric covering and it's inside dimensions are: 32 3/8" L x 7 1/2" W x 2 7/8" thick. I don't know what guitar it was originally made for. $75.00

This one is tan in color and it's inside dimensions are: 32 1/4" L x 8 1/2" W x 3 1/4" Thick. I also have no idea what guitar this was originally for. $75.00

This one I know is for one of those cast aluminum Dobro/National lap steels with the art deco round body.
It has metal corners and plush lining. Inside dimensions are: 35 1/2" L x 11 1/4" W x 3 1/4" Thick. $125.00

I would do an even trade of all 3 for an original 50s era Rickenbacker hard case in good shape that would fit a Bakelite Panda or Silver Hawaiaan.
Keith Cordell

San Diego
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2009 5:40 am    

The second one is exactly like the one I had for an Oahu Tonemaster I used to have.
Delmar Horner

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2009 11:05 am     Re: Lap Steel Cases

Michael Johnstone wrote:
I got these in a trade years ago thinking I might have a use for them someday but that just hasn't happened. They could be just what someone else is looking for though. All are structurally sound and all the hinges and latches work and handles are original. They're all at least 50 years old and show the typical wear. This one has a thatched fabric covering and it's inside dimensions are: 32 3/8" L x 7 1/2" W x 2 7/8" thick. I don't know what guitar it was originally made for. $75.00

This one is tan in color and it's inside dimensions are: 32 1/4" L x 8 1/2" W x 3 1/4" Thick. I also have no idea what guitar this was originally for. $75.00

This one I know is for one of those cast aluminum Dobro/National lap steels with the art deco round body.
It has metal corners and plush lining. Inside dimensions are: 35 1/2" L x 11 1/4" W x 3 1/4" Thick. $125.00

I would do an even trade of all 3 for an original 50s era Rickenbacker hard case in good shape that would fit a Bakelite Panda or Silver Hawaiaan.