| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Our new CD is released - The Wallace Family
SallyAnn Wallace

Alvarado, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2003 1:36 pm    

Hi. My name is SallyAnn Wallace. I am 13 years old and I play non-pedal steel (among other things) with my family's band. We just returned from the Western Music Association convention in Wichita, KS where we had a blast - and released our family cd entitled "Texas Serenade."

It is mostly western swing and cowboy music with me playing steel, fiddle, and mandolin. My sister plays fiddle, electric mando, and tenor guitar. Another sister plays some of the tenor guitar parts and my little brother plays some of the bass. My dad plays rhythm guitar. My sisters, brother, and I do all of the singing and bgv's. We also had a couple of friends help out - Nathan Coates on drums and Chris Booher on Piano and bass.

If you would like to listen to a track, here is a link to one called "I Met Jesus in Texas" - it is a western swing gospel song.

I Met Jesus in Texas

Our website is: http://www.wallacefiddlers.com

I would send some copies of the cd to the forum, but I'm not sure if it meets the requirements - it is just western swing - with a good bit of steel. It also has a few fiddle tunes thrown in. Someone let me know if I can do this?

Anyhow, please let me know what ya'll think or pass along any pointers - I'm trying to learn all that I can.

SallyAnn

[This message was edited by SallyAnn Wallace on 18 November 2003 at 01:37 PM.]

Bill Llewellyn

San Jose, CA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2003 8:11 pm    

SallyAnn,

You can send Forum owner/operator Bobby Lee an email at quasar@b0b.com asking about whether your CD can be listed here. Or maybe just wait.... Bob may respond on this thread.

------------------
Bill, steelin' since '99 | Steel page | My music | Steelers' birthdays | Over 50?

[This message was edited by Bill Llewellyn on 18 November 2003 at 08:12 PM.]

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 10:35 am    

Hey Everybody!

My new best friend, Sally Ann Wallace just sent me a copy of their cd. You'll want to add this to your collection. I really enjoyed listening to it (several times). Check out the Wallace Family Website and order a copy today. Not just a novelty act, these kids are talented. I remember the first time I met them in Dallas. They came into the Sierra room and sat in on a couple of songs. I really enjoyed Mom and Dad Wallace. The next year it was just Sally Ann, Brook and Dad. Although Sally had a bit of an attitude about playing with me without my cowboy hat, she stepped up and played her old non-pedal steel with all of that pent up energy. I cannot wait to see what she's like this next year! I've already promised to wear my hat, in hopes that she'll be a little nicer to me. I have feelings ya know! I plan to keep my eye (and ear) on her through out her career. She's somethin' else!

Anyway, pick up a copy of this fun cd for two simple reasons. It's pretty darn good, the kids are talented, and there's a whole lot of mouths to feed in that family! I know the Wallaces would appreciate your support.

------------------
DavidWright.us

M.S.A. Millennium

S-12 9 & 6

Bb is where it's at!

Peavey-2000-PX-300

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 7:32 pm    

Man, that is toe tappin music for sure. Good stuff. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot about you young'uns in the future.
SallyAnn Wallace

Alvarado, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2003 2:15 pm    

Thanks for the comments. David, I'm so glad that you liked the cd. Don't forget that hat when you come to Texas in March.

SallyAnn
www.wallacefiddlers.com
SallyAnn Wallace

Alvarado, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2003 5:09 pm    

We have several sound clips up on our website now.

SallyAnn
www.wallacefiddlers.com
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2003 7:03 pm    

There good....

------------------
DavidWright.us

M.S.A. Millennium

S-12 9 & 6

Bb is where it's at!

Peavey-2000-PX-300