| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Forum shutdown
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 11:22 am    

In the interest of good taste and decency and to show my respect for my fellow steel players that share my ideals'I am petitioning the "Eaze-board" forum to close.
Many folks have inaccuratly associated this forum with me and my business. So because of this and the fact that several folks can't seem to communicate in a sensible "G" rated fashioned, I'm doing what I can to get this forum eradicated. Sorry to the rest of you that were enjoying it at times but a few have ruined it for the rest of us. At least we have this great forum, it is monitored, as it has been proven, needs to be.

I urge all of you to support this forum. Bobby Lee is giving a lot of time and effort to keep it the way it should be.
I'll be supporting this forum as I always have. Bobby is doing well and spending a lot of time to keep this forum healthy.

bobbeseymour
Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 11:58 am    

OH,HEAVENS TO BETSY!! Where's that IDIOT "Ben Dover" gonna go now,to post all of his "cranks"?? I guess he'll just have to start his own "forum".

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com

Jay Fagerlie

Lotus, California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 12:24 pm    

Bobbe,
Although I cannot blame you for closing down your forum, I must say that I’m saddened by the fact that another valuable resource has been eliminated by the actions of a few non-thinking individuals. I for one enjoyed all of the discussions there, even getting a laugh at the more outrageous postings. I just cringe at the fact that you felt pressure to close it down to keep from having the repercussions affect your business. I am very dismayed that some people cannot see the distinction between your forum and your business, and then hold that over your head for pressure to close it down. I want to go on record right now saying that in my opinion, the good outweighed the bad by a substantial margin, and I want to petition YOU to open it back up. I do realize that it probably will never happen, and that’s your decision, but I’ve said my peace. Thanks for providing the space for it in the first place, and for spreading the gospel of steel guitar.
Jay
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 1:37 pm    

I certainly hope my input didn't hasten the process. I made a few friends, traded a LOT of laughs and stories and got to read some honest reviews of products.

I noticed that there are "words" you can post "over here" that would get $#^*&ed over there. (Not that I ever tried to post any)

I think I got disturbed by people attacking people they didn't know, and not being able to "straighten it out".. Especially people tht didn't need attacking.

Oh well,

There is another "alternative" forum at This Location run by a fellow that's going to monitor things as his time permits.

Possibly this forum has been able to accommodate more lattitude in "letting arguments run their course", and it seems that litigation is subsiding. Something that bothered me since the "who owns Sho~Bud #2" thing caught my attention in the archives, and went on later..

I'm not a big fan of humorless people, no matter how "important" they are.

The Internet IS the new "Wild West".

Freedom is noisy and messy. Somtimes it doesn't work any better than the alternative.

Thanks Bobbe.

It was fun.

EJL.

Quote:
But that didn't scare Little Bill did it.. -William Munny-
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 2:07 pm    

Well Bobbe, noone can say you didn't try.
Thanks for letting us know.

I enjoy your newletters and hope they continue.

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 4:16 pm    

I'm sorry to see it go, Bobbe. I really enjoyed it - well, parts of it anyway. It had its moments.

I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com

System Administrator
Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 4:43 pm    

Interesting ... I enjoyed trying to figure out the players

------------------
God Bless,
Steve Stallings

www.pedalsteeler.com

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 5:48 pm    

Although I didn't frequent it very often and never posted, I thought it was a very good forum. Granted, the individuals that couldn't keep control of there actions ruined things a bit, just like when "off topic" was on this forum.

It's hard to believe that that forum could ever have a bad affect on your business. Your obvious love and dedication to our instrument is second to none. Your contributions are priceless (good name for a steel guitar Cd, by the way).

A little off topic, but did you have a store in Nasvhille in 1982? I was back there for the Seagrams 7 battle of the bands. Our bass player's brother (Steve Preston) played for Louise Mandrell and he took me to a store that seems like it had nothing but steel guitars.
slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 6:48 pm    

Bobbe,
Some of my replies on your forum were way outta line.If i in any way contributed to the closing of that forum,please accept my sincere apology.We have been friends for a long time and i hope we are still.

Wayne
Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 7:08 pm    

Bobbe...You showed alot of class coming here to make this announcement! I lurked now and then over there for awhile, but I guess I was just too thin skinned to enter into the fray. It just wasnt my thing.

I always found myself wondering though just how "pseudo" some of those potty mouthed "pseudonyms" actually are? I mean can some of those bad offenders actually play?

I'm always bummed out whenever I find out that some hero of mine is in fact...a jerk. Even though I know that sometimes a true God given gift might be bestowed on some idiot. By the same token, it's always great to find out that one of your heros is a kind and honorable human being.

Thanks for all you do for the PSG Bobbe!!!

I'm off to my saturday night gig now, where Ben Dover and "ST.10" types are running (and slithering) around rampantly.

[This message was edited by Rick Schmidt on 22 November 2003 at 07:16 PM.]

Wayne Baker

Altus Oklahoma
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 7:16 pm    

Mr. Seymour, that sucks. I liked your forum, except for the butts that would get on and whine about each other. I know you put alot of work into it, and you deserve alot better.

Wayne Baker
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 7:50 pm    

Bobbe, I hate that you decided to make such a decision. I have made comments but never one time was there any filth from me. The language at times was sickening. It amazes me that people have to use that kind of language to express themselves. The most recent comments about a special young man was totally uncalled for. I do have much respect for Bobbe and your decision shows me you have a lot of class. bOb has a great forum here and I for one sure enjoy reading all the comments without all the filth.
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 7:54 pm    

Cruising through that forum was like cruising down a highway. You learn a lot. You meet new people.

Some of the exchanges were like really bad wrecks. Awful to witness; yet, you still had to slow down and look.

------------------
Lee, from South Texas
Down On The Rio Grande

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2003 10:28 pm    

Smiley, who knows, or cares!

Jay Fagerlie, thank you for the wonderful post Jay, Yes, I also feel that the EZ-board forum had a lot to offer the steel community but was ruined, shamfully by those that didn't seem to care about the feelings of others. I'll continue to serve steel players everywhere the best I can from other directions.

Eric West, are you kidding? You were the funny guy that I loved to read most!

Joey Ace, Thank you, I know you didn't like a lot of the stupidity from the beginning, but always stayed with me. Thank you.

Bobby Lee, I'll throw all my weight behind your endeavors, as has my dear friend Tom Bradshaw. Any friend of his is a great friend of mine. He sure speaks very highly of you.

Steve Stallings, I never could figure out the players, even the ones that were posting in my name!

Richard Sinkler, Yes, it's true. Several folks were starting to think I had something to do with the direction the forum was going. I tried to re-direct it but it was to far gone. Your post here is much appreciated.

Slick, Your replies on the forum were very tasteful and classy. Just like this one you posted here. This is the kind of person you are and always have been to me. A good friend and a classy one. You owe me no apoligy.

Rick Schmidt, I understand what you are saying! No, I don't think any of the "offenders" were players at all. I thank you for your post also and I will in the future try very hard to live up to your opinion of my class. Yes, I have some work to do. But I'll get it done.

Wayne Baker, I have been watching your great posts on this forum for a long time, don't ever stop posting, I like every one I have ever read.

Paul King, I don't think I have a better new friend than you, I'll miss you on that forum, but e-mail me any time and stay on my mailing list, and post more here!

Lee Baucum, And I have also enjoyed your posts, this one is no exception. The old EZ-board forum sure exposed a lot of folks inner souls, you sure got to know them quickly, I think this is what you were saying though!

All you guys stay in touch with me, and all that read this thread. We have a wonderful world of steel guitar here, lets all help each other enjoy it to the fullest.

If nothing else, I have learned a lot on that EZ-board forum, and grown a lot. had some fun and some pain but through it all, I learned a lot of appreciation for all players, no matter how they played, what they played, where they played, what color they were, or what tone they played with. Who knows what the future will bring, I just want to be a part of and help this world of steel guitar. (I may even play MSA, oh oh~!)

bobbeseymour
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 1:15 am    

Thanx a bunch for your Forum Bobbeeee
though shortlived it was Fun
there's always somebodies that'll blow it for everyone else
well when you gotta go, you gotta go
RIP SGN Forum

------------------
Steel what?

John McGann

Boston, Massachusetts, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 5:15 am    

Seems to me that when certain people cloak their identity on the internet, they think the nylon stocking over their head allows them to play "thug" and that frees them from any sense of class, taste, morality, or responsibility. I imagine they'd be pretty embarrased (and/or scared) to have their collected posts displayed with their real name and address!

One thing that's good about this forum is that people are responsible for whatever they post, because you know who they are. Things can get heated and passionate, but they don't tend to get stupid very often.
Bill Crook

Goodlettsville, TN , Spending my kid's inheritance
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 5:35 am    

Hey Bobbe..............

How about just shutting down the "Off-topic" part of the board. It's a shame to loose a forum like yours due to a few stupid "children".

Could you possibly reconsider this decision ??

Bill Crook
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 6:13 am    

I said things over there, that angered a lot of people other than the guy I was talking to. For that, I apologize to the rest of you(EVEN YOU, ERIC! Didn't know you felt that way). But Bobbe's a class act, and this move shows a LOT of class. I don't think it'll cost him any customers--we all support each other, INCLUDING Ol' Bobbe! SEE you soon, Mr. See-More. God bless!
Ole Dantoft

Copenhagen, Denmark
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 7:16 am    

Bobbe,
My friend, let me start by saying, that I've found a lot of very usefull information over at your Forum, just as I always have here on this Forum and I'd really hate to see it go !! The separate sections on individual steel manufacturers MAY offend some, but they DO provide a lot of very accuate, first-hand information. They also provide lots of rants that are not necessarily needed, but I guess people can sort through all that perfectly well by themselves - I believe I can, anyway - but I have a suggestion : Insist on ANYONE wanting to post to your Forum, that they use their real name at all times, just like B0b so cleverly have chosen on this Forum ! Of course you can't REALLY know if a name is legitimate but I doubt anyone is actually named "BenDover9" (!) and anyone feeling that he needs to go by that "name" shouldn't be allowed to post on a serious steel guitar related Forum, in my humble opinion !

I realize that this would imply that you'd have to spend some time administrating the Forum accounts - just like B0b does - but in my personal opinion, it would be worth it !

Please reconsider, Bobbe !

Just my .02 DKr !

------------------
Ole

My homepage !

Tom Callahan

Dunlap, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 7:29 am    

I do not believe that Bobbie closed the forum due to a few "Stupid Children". It is clear from his post that he closed it due to a few "Stupid Adults".
I admire Bobbie's decision. I know that it took a lot of thought and worry.
I don't associate him with the ravings of a few "nuts"

------------------
T.C.
Emmons S-10
Zumsteel S-10
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 10:48 am    

Bobbe and I had several discussions when he was starting his forum. He wanted a place where there was no censorship.

He believed he could trust the people to do the right thing. Most did. Those that didn't drove some away and hurt many others. IMO, he made the right decission to close it. Of course the public will associate a forum named "Steel Guitar Nashville" with his store.

I don't like being a "police man" here. I get many email complaints about "free speech" and almost no thanks. That said I believe my efforts are worthwhile, and enjoy everything else about this place.

Bobbe did not have an "Off Topic" area. There would be no way to enforce it's use.
John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 10:53 am    

Now what am I going to do to replace the empty spot on my ”FAVORITE's File”?

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
http://community.webtv.net/KeoniNui/BigJohnBechtels
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 11:02 am    

Many thanks for trying, Bobbe- a free exchange of information is always good for everybody involved. I hope you remember the many positive contributors and discussions and not the childish negativity of a few. I suppose now they'll have to go back to kicking their dog as an outlet... perhaps we'll need to start a "Seymour ASPCA lawsuit defense fund"...

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 11:02 am    

I wish Bobbe would at least leave the site up as an archive of information. There is too much information there to just throw away. I'm sure he could probably lock it so no none can post. I'm sorry I did not read it more that I did. I admit that the bashing turned me away, but I would go back for more.

Tom Callahan. I agree that these people acted like children. Children usually don't have the ability to think what harm there actions might cause. An adult should be able to think things through. This is not an attack on you. Let's just say they are STUPID adults with the brains of a child.

It really makes me sick when I see people bashing one another, types of music, artists, or types of equipment on any forum. I know what I like and really don't care one bit that anyone else may not like the same. Friendly disagreements on the forums is OK in my books, but attacking someone or thing is a different story. I may have attacked someone in my early days, but I made a pact with my self a long time ago that I would only offer opinions and information and not slight anyone for having a different opinion. Of course, like everyone else, I think my opinion is the only correct one

And Bobbe, you didn't answer on if you had a store in the Nasville area in 82. If so, you and I chatted for a while when I was there.
Eddie Malray

South Fulton, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2003 1:08 pm    

Bobbe: Although I did