| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A Forum Thanksgiving Tradition?
Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 12:16 pm    

Recently, Chris Ivey posted a big Thank You to b0b under “Steel Players”, which of course received excellent responses. I wanted to encourage everyone to read that post if somehow you missed it. You’ll see humorous early-years reflections, some good ideas about archiving the Forum for future generations, and Ray Minich’s perspective on the Forum’s role in promoting economic growth, job creation, and good values. David Donald noted that it is “not often that a single person can create something that very quickly becomes an invaluable resource for a whole community that traverses the "world entire". And, Dirk B. reminded us to thank b0b with our actions as well as our hearts, adding “Don't forget to send him a little something when you sell on "Buy & Sell", or just for any reason...”

As we know all too well, there’s usually plenty being said about TRADITION around here. And, since traditions are passed from generation to generation, family to family – why not start our own Family tradition of saying “Thanks” to b0b and fellow Forumites during the Thanksgiving season here in America! I’m not suggesting that this be in lieu of year-around expressions of gratitude in “Buy & Sell” or other personal contributions. Instead, I ‘m proposing we designate this time for a special Thanksgiving campaign of-sorts, encouraging feedback and promoting financial contributions for a healthy Forum kick-off in to the new year. In no way is my intent to “program” giving like a United Way Campaign – instead, to place b0b and the Forum center stage at this time and remember Who and How this is all possible. Our contribution is on its way, b0b!
Donna and Tommy http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum15/HTML/005212.html

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 4:22 pm    

I couldn't agree more, Donna. I've gotten more out of this forum than just about any other resource I can think of. I just sent in a contribution and more's on the way. Looks like maybe Tom Bradshaw had the same idea in mind!
Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2003 7:50 pm    

I could loan you enough money to buy a hamburger if you'll pay me back next Thursday....no that was Wimpy that used to say that. I guess there is some people here old enough to remember him.

I think thats a good idea becaue I would guess before b0b gets all the stuff he recived from Tom it will require some extra help, which he'll have to pay and getting it ready to sell will take some cash...so lets give it to him.

I sent a check last time so like you said...lets make it a family tradition.

Right below "Add A Reply" is CONTACT US, It will tell you there where to mail it.

Bob

[This message was edited by Bob Carlson on 15 November 2003 at 07:56 PM.]

Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2003 7:09 pm    

Come on, is this the best this family can do?

Bob
Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2003 6:03 pm    

Bob and Mark - Even though no one else has replied, I think others are/will indeed join in the family tradition. That's what matters most.
Donna