| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Good news about Al Petty!
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 10:28 am    

I have just received a call from Al Petty informing me he has been moved to another facility in Texarkana Texas. He now has the privilege of sending and receiving emails, and he would like to correspond with anyone who would care to write him.

Al has been making the best use of his time doing what he loves to do, preaching and playing steel guitar. He has a non pedal 13 string guitar and has refined what he refers to as a “finger pull system” with the fingers on his left hand, and developed (in his words) one of the most difficult yet rewarding “musical journeys” of his life.

The following is Al’s instructions on how to easily establish communication with him, and he with you.

One must first contact me, because at this time I am the only one that can get an email to Al because I have previously established communication through the prison. I can be reached by going to the MSA website at www.msapedalsteels.com clicking on Reece and include the following:

1) Send me your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and I will forward the information to him.
2) Al will then enter the information into a form asking your email be cleared for communication.
3) The prison will email Al’s request to you, and all you need do is click on “send and receive” and you will be included on Al’s limited list immediately.

I most sincerely hope there will be those of you who will contact Al. I have no doubt you will enjoy corresponding with a man who is so knowledgeable and has contributed so much to the steel guitar. He is a kind, gracious, and talented man. I can assure you, he would be delighted to hear from you, and you from him.
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 1:21 pm    

Reece - Will Al have access to this Forum?

Lee
Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 1:51 pm    

Lee......While speaking with Al I asked him if he would have access, and he said no, personal communication only.

I'm sure Al would appreciate hearing from you by email.
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 3:56 pm    

Ah, yes, cut and paste is a wonderful medium Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

phred

Think about it!!
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2009 6:02 pm    

Reece, thanks so much for the wonderful things you've done for Al.

Guys, here's the drill. You'll be contacted by the Federal Board of Prisons and asked if you'd like to receive and reply to correspondence from this Federal prisoner. Follow the directions contained in this email exactly... they're very easy - just click on the first choice and hit "send." Al will then be notified that you are accepting emails from him. It will be up to him to initiate the correspondence.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?