| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Best reverb pedal? Or Lexicon 110?
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 5:53 pm    

Is there a Reverb pedal that sounds close to a Lexicon 110? I really like the Lexicon, but tryin to stay with pedals.

BTW- Has anyone tried this Reverb pedal?
Line 6 ToneCore Verbzilla Guitar Effects Module

I saw somewhere, maybe on the forum, can't remember. a pedal that had several of the Lexicon reverbs in it. Would this be the one?

Terry
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 7:49 pm    

Hi Terry:

Here is a review on the Verbzilla pedal from a youtube clip with steel guitar.

Hope this helps,
Lenny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTfGqmKK1_o
J. Dean Mooney

Malvern, Ar
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 8:00 pm     Rev.

Hi Terry; You may be thiking about a DigiTech. They make a RV 7 that,s really good Rev. I heard that Lexicon bought out DigiTech and they have some Lexicon Rev's in them. J.Dean
Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2009 8:39 pm    

Terry,if you can try out a Digitech RP150. It's a amp modeler with effects and you can bypass the pre amp and just use it for a effects. It has Lexicon reverbs and it is a pedal. I think you'll like it. I use one for verb, chorus and delay.

Tony
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 3:15 am    

The new Digitech RV-7 is Lexicon reverbs in a "stomp box" unit. It has plate, hall, spring, etc. I recently bought one for use with my Telecaster and I tried it with steel and it sounded great. But, it will be used with the Tele as I use a POD XT with steel.
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 3:35 am    

Terry, I just got an RV-7 yesterday and so far I am very happy with it. The reverbs are very good and widely adjustable. Perhaps most importantly for me, it does not seem to alter my tone (at least not enough for me to notice). That was a minor problem for me with the RV-3, whose reverbs alone were no where as good as this new unit.

That said, I do like a little delay with my coffee. So a question to Tony (and others): does the RP-150 affect tone at all? I got rid of my Pod-XT because it slightly "veiled" the tone (I don't know how else to describe it) of my twin reverb. I'm willing to give the rp-150 a try if it doesn't have this issue.

Dan
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 7:58 am    

There's a detailed review of the RV-7 on my site. I've gone back to the Boss RV-5 as it just suits my needs a lot better.

RV-7 Review

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 9:28 am     reverb

Appreciate the help guys. The RV-7 sounds like what I'm lookin for. If it's close to the lexicon reverbs, then it's a winner.

Guys, I just found a good deal on the RV-7, Same Day Music for $125. I bought it, but I have a couple questions. Will I need an AC adapter, if so which one?
Also, how do ya'll hook your's up? I have ny DD-6 in line between my Black Box and volume pedal, would I come out of my VP into the RV-7 then into my Amp imput?, or would I plug the RV-7 into my effects patch?

Terry
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 11:21 am    

Terry, here is a recent RV-7 thread where power adapters are discussed:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=145072&highlight=rv7

For what it's worth I'm using the one that goes with my Boss RV-3; hasn't blown up (yet).

Can't help you on where to plug it in, although between the VP and the amp will certainly work fine. Effects loop may be better, I don't know.

Dan
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 11:22 am    

The 9V battery will probably last for one 4 hour job but like most units it really needs a power supply.

The Digitech PS200R-120 is the listed power supply for the unit. It is rated 9.6VDC 300ma, center conductor negative (like many units).
Michael Haselman

St. Paul
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 1:31 pm    

I believe all stomp boxes, regardless of manufacturer, use the standard 9v tip negative adaptor. Boss is the standard, but Ibanez makes one, so do others. It's a good thing. There may be a few exceptions, but your garden variety delay/OD/distortion/EQ/compressor...all use the same one. BTW, I took Greg's advice and traded my MPX 100 for a Boss RV-5 and have no complaints. Basically for emergency use, when a stage is too bouncy for spring reverbs.

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 3:13 pm     reverb

Appreciate it guys. Thanks for the link Dan. I have the Boss AC adapter also, but I need one for my DD-6. I think I'll check Ebay for the Danelectro that Greg was refering to, to use with my RV-7. My kinda price to. Smile

Terry
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 3:37 pm     ac adapter

Will this one work for the RV-7 ??

DIGITECH ® HARMAN PS-200R AC POWER ADAPTER PS200R 9.6v

Terry
Michael Haselman

St. Paul
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2009 5:08 pm    

Another option is to get the Onespot daisy chain. Then you can hook up your existing Boss adaptor to both.