| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Info' on Randell 2x10 combo.
Barry Gaskell

Cheshire, UK
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 11:24 am    

Hi Guys
Does anyone have any experience with the Randell 200watt 2x10 combo ? I think it's a solid state amp.
I have a chance at one at a great price and wondered about it's qualities.
Thanks in advance.
Barry
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 12:19 pm    

Barry
I used one these once in the backline in a country music festival. It was quite punchy for the size, but didn't have a huge amount of bottom end. I remember being quite impressed overall.

Ken
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 12:38 pm    

Barry, this is an old shot of me at a gig with my Randall 2-12 amp. Does your's resemble this one with the orange face plate? If so, it's one helluva'n amp and I'd grab it up! I'd probably still be using mine but it was stolen out of a club around 1982 or so.....JH in Va.

Cheshire, UK
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 4:11 pm    

Hi Ken
Thanks for the info'. It sounds a bargain for £60.
Hi Jerry
Yes it looks just like that except in 2x10 form. Apparently it's called 'The Commander' and it's 120 watts.
I'm off to grab it.
Cheers
Barry
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2009 6:20 pm    

I have a 115 Randall similar to those. It is awesome & built like a damn tank!!!
Barry Gaskell

Cheshire, UK
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2009 3:40 am    

Hi Jerry
There's a Randall Commander similar to the one in your pic' on the Atlanata Craigslist (2x12) for $300.
sale-970606738@craigslist.org
Thought you might be interested.
Cheers
Barry
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2009 10:56 am    

Barry thanks for the info but at the moment I have an old Randall Steelman 500 with a 15" JBL, plus a Randall RG-80 with a 12" ElectroVoice speaker so I have all the Randalls I need at the moment. That little 2-10 beauty should be a great amp. Mine was a Commander II which I'd taken to the factory when they were in SoCal and gotten the reverb and tremolo wired into both channels. It's not hard to do if you have a good amp tech available. Also a couple of months before mine was stolen, I'd taken the two 12" speakers out and replaced them with a 15" ElectroVoice speaker as I was playing mostly steel at that point. The amp sounded great either way but looking back, if I still had it I think I'd have left the 2-12 configuration intact.........JH in Va.