| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great News About Jody Carver
John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 1:12 am    

I was just reading on the PSGA Link above, that under Coming Events; Jody Carver will be making one of his very rare appearances at the Associations Show in Norwalk, Ct. on Nov. 8/9! I'd love to be there to see him play that Fender “Custom”, and 'take notes'.
Jody; Maybe I'll have to drive all the way up there to listen and finally meet you!
Anyone able to do so, will be missing a chance of a lifetime if they don't catch this one! ------------------
“Big John” “Uh~<”
http://community.webtv.net/KeoniNui/BigJohnBechtels

[This message was edited by John Bechtel on 07 September 2003 at 02:17 AM.]

HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 4:45 am    

I saw the announcement in the PSGA newsletter and I'm thrilled. This will be wonderful to see some great non pedal playing in the style of Jody Carver.

I'm going to start writing a great review now...
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 4:55 am    

Jody,
Played the PSGA shows in 1987 & 1988 and I was there and was fortunate enough to record them both. They are classics.
The man is beyond belief on the 4 neck Fender. After missing the PSGA show for the past few years because of a back problem I will be at this show helping out Bob, John and the others and plan on chatting with Jody face to face instead of through our e-mails.
P.S. Please don't ask for copies of the recordings. I made recordings of his performances for Jody on Cd for him only.
Don
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 5:08 am    

Sorry folks, this ain't gonna happen.

I won't say anymore, because Jody should post it himself.

I'm only posting this in case some of you are planning to attend the show because Jody's there.

John Bechtel

Post  Posted 7 Sep 2003 9:03 am    

Boy, I was really looking forward to the thought of making a 'Historical-Trip' like that! It looks like "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!" I've been wanting to meet Jody for a long time! Thanks Joey, for the heads-up! I guess I'll have to find something else to do that week-end!

------------------
“Big John” “Uh~<”
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 5:27 pm    

I wanted to reply to this thread started by
who I consider a good friend. Someone who has my sense of humor and yet shares my sometimes heartaches as well.

To Howard for being the friend that he is to
me and for these people I am obligated to acknowledge my not playing in Norwalk Connecticut come this Novemeber.

To Don Sulesky who I looked forward to seeing once again and to thank him for his kind words.

To Joey Ace..who I had hoped would have had the chance to sit alongside me and help me along calling out the right chords.

The backup band at the PSGA is a fine band and they can cut anything thrown at them.

But I wanted Joey Ace to help me as Joey is familiar with my wrong chords and going off
tempo.

But unfortunatley I'm sorry to say it wont happen. The people at the PSGA have their own set of rules and I wanted to add to what
I felt would help me get through my portion
of the show they felt otherwise and I do understand.

So to all of you who planned on seeing and hearing me, you wont be missing anything, besides,,my jeans are gone and all I have are a pair of jeans like Alan Jackson wears
and my knee's dont look as good as his do.

I am truly sorry to those of you who e mailed
me at home that I wont have the chance to shake your hand.

If you planned to attend, you are in for a special treat with the great lineup of players that will be there.

I was not important and who wants to see a guy with an old guitar and old jeans.

I wanted to complete this thread so as to remove any questions you may have had.

I didnt have to reply to this, but with respect to my friends John, Howard Don, & Joey,I felt it better to do so.

There are no hard feelings on my behalf for anyone..we were just playing in a differnt key..besides how many guys with the initials
JC can be on the same show.

Thanks To ALL of you

Jody.....Hey wheres my pants???
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 5:35 pm    

Jody.

I don't know you other than by your posts which I enjoy.

I for one find myself looking up the most to the "guys with old jeans and an old guitar' That's what Don West was to me.

Also recently Lloyd Green with his plain old guitar writing me a letter. There's a guy with an old guitar. He noted that he liked my "posts" and I about died. I didn't figure he was THAT starved for entertainment. That's a REAL guy too.

The people that seem to think they ARE the most important, almost always are not.

The reverse is true.

I read your posts.

Thanks for posting them.

EJL
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 6:26 pm    

I understand Jody's position very well. To folks who will miss him and his expertise, I feel sorry for you. This man is a legend to this instrument. In ranch talk, "he ain't no Pony, this one is a real "stud hoss"! Too bad, but I believe in Jody Carver's position 200% and he knows his feelings better than anyone. What a show that would have been.

------------------
The spirit be with you!
If it aint got a steel, it aint real

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2003 6:46 pm    

Jody,
I'm sorry to hear you won't be there after all. It would have been an honor to share the stage with you again, after all these years. I remember very well how kind you were to me after my very first appearance on a PSGA show about 20 years ago; I was so nervous and it was a really big deal to me then that you were so supportive. Thank you for that.

We'll miss you there, but we'll be thinking of you and Marilyn.

Best always,
"The Other J.C."
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2003 3:17 am    

"I was not important and who wants to see a guy with an old guitar and old jeans."
Jody,
I just had to comment on your feelings.
You are very important to all of us.
Any eveyone on this Forum will agree to that.
So sorry I won't get a chance to chat with you in Norwalk, but I do respect your feelings.
Be well my friend,
Don
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2003 3:32 am    

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2003 3:44 am    

Hey, "CUZ" Jody, I sure as heck wish I was wearing them pants and could do what YOU did while wearin em !! Don't sell yerself short my friend cause none of us do, and you can bank on that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
JUST 'CAUSE I STEEL, DON'T MAKE ME A THIEF

Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2003 7:15 am    

Jody:

I fully understand your decision in this matter and I respect you for having the courage to turn down the offer.

Now, regarding your jeans, why don't you go to X-MART and buy a new pair. I hear they have some great dressing rooms, good security, and very intelligent staff in the men's department.
=============================================
For any of you who don't follow the message in my last paragraph above, check out the thread located Here
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2003 12:13 pm    

Roy

Meet me at X Mart and I'll pick a pair of pants out for you....Happy Vacation
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2003 4:31 am    

Hey Jodie my Friend !!!
I cant seem to get into your Email....so would you mind mailing me......
darkrag@yahoo.com I have a young guy who is playing in the same band as my daughter......he has just bought a no pedal double eight........and is asking me Questions........I have printed out all the tunings for him.....but not sure which neck to put which tunings on...seems he leans towards the blues.......but they also play what they call alternate country...seems to have a fair bit of minors in it.
I just suggested some kind of E or E 9th on front neck and maybe C6th thing on back neck.
Main thing is ,I thought I would ask here and see what some one who knows what it is all about may give me a clue and make me look intelligent !!
Thanks in Advance
Tony

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2003 5:00 am    

Tony writes.

knows what it is all about may give me a clue and make me look intelligent !!

Yeah,,how about me?,I was thrown out of kindergarten,I couldn't spell Kat. meow.
Kenny Foy

Lynnville, KY, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2003 2:33 pm    

Jody, You still can't! Looks like you just flunked Seniorgarten. But my FRIEND you just passed KINDEST-garten with flying colors. Waitin on the day to hear you play that 4-headed steel. And it may be comin sooner than we think. Hey you have'nt made me that tape yet. Take care. Your Friend...Kenny Ray
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2003 4:46 pm    

Kenny what do you refer to.??

And it may be comin sooner than we think. Hey you have'nt made me that tape yet. Take care. Unquote.

Kenny I DONT THINK SO....but I thought I sent you a tape. What is this a Hi Jack?

Scotch Tape? Adhesive Tape? I sent you a tape weeks ago. E mail me at home and tell me what tape you make reference to..Sorry folks,,Kenny and myself have this thing goin
He thinks I'm a Yankee he dont realize
I'm from the deep south.
Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2003 2:28 pm    

I'm sure gonna be sorry I couldn't drive down to hear you, Jody. Time to record a CD?
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2003 8:02 pm    

Andy

Its about that time
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2003 9:23 pm    

Dammit Jody...I invested a lot of money in a POP CORN stand on the assumtion you'd be playing.
John Bechtel

Post  Posted 14 Sep 2003 9:38 pm    

Jody might prefer Pepperoni Pizza or Spaghetti and Meatballs!

------------------
“Big John” {(<< Uh~