| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Steeler Seat Debute in st. Louis
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 4:29 am    

We are proud to announce the best pac seat your money will buy. It's the Walker.. the Professional Players Chair. We have expended a considerable amount of time and energy developing a seat that is the best built seat that monies can buy. It is built for a lifetime of use and it is extremely confortable and looks like a million. As a steel player I have incorporated the things we all need and want. The seat is constructed of the best plywood and is secured together with a series of dattos to insure it will last a lifetime. The outer skin is finished off with top quality ABS textured laminant that is durable and resists finger prints and can be easily cleaned. No Tolex on these seats..only the best glued on laminants. All edges are protected by aluminum angle and all corners are secured further with nickle plated "Ball" corners. There are two latches to insure that things stay shut during travel. The hinges?? Well of course they are also nickle "Full piano hinges" The seat covers are "no sweat" cloth fabric that resists stains and lint and is packed with the best quality foam on the market. Now for the legs boys and girls Remember those horseshoe style legs that were so strong and good looking? Ever wonder what happened to them? Well we have them made special for this seat and on top of that we also went to special lengths to have them professionally powder coated to match the rest of the seat. The reasons we have learned for not seeing them around is that they are a bit more expensive than "welded" square tube legs. We have also developed a quick pack up and go system so when the show's over you can get on home. Currently there are three (3) models to choose from. There is the original seat which is the industry standard size. There is the same seat with a backrest installed for those who want that extra lumbar support. And finally there is the cadillac. It sports a side compartment as well as a back rest. Now when you break that string during the show you don't have to get up to get the string..cutter...pigtail...etc..etc..These are must see seats. So where can you see them?? Check out Herby Wallace at St Louis. He will be showing off this seat in his booth and when you see him on stage you will see him actually using this seat. Just tell Herby you want one and he will get it shipped to you IMMEDIATELY!! That's right!!! I said IMMEDIATELY NO WAITING. If you don't make it to the show...check out www.tarheelmusic.com. or call Rick McDuffie at 919-989-1805 and he will be happy to assist you. Last but not least is the fact that these seats are handmade right here in Smithfield, North Carolina....that's right MADE IN AMERICA!!!! The names are just too numerous to list here but I would like to offer my deepest heartfelt THANK YOU to all of the steel players and especially forum members for offering thoughts and ideas during this developement process. It's your ideas and advise that made this all possible. I am both humble and honored by the response and orders I have received. God bless you all. Anyone having questions please feel free to e-mail me and I will respond immediately.

Ray Walker
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 9:27 am    

up
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 11:56 am    

Wow, Ray, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Wish you had some at the convention to take home! Also would love some pics on your website... I'll be checking in with you! Mark

------------------
C'mon by and visit!- www.markvanallen.com
My Bands: Sugarland Kate and the Retreads Kecia Garland Band Shane Bridges Band Dell Conner Blues Band

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 12:02 pm    

Mark...Herby Wallace will have them at the convention and yes you can take it home with you. I'll e-mail you some photos. Web site is not up and running just yet...will be soon..

Thank you
Ray
Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 3:10 pm    

Mr. walker we at out west pac-seats welcome you to the pac-seat industry and we wish you success in your new endeavor. your seats are nicely designed. and should sell well at scotty's show

wayne brown
c/o out west pac-seats

[This message was edited by Wayne Brown on 26 August 2003 at 04:23 PM.]

Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2003 5:04 pm    

Ray, Larry Hilliard and I are enjoying our new seats..they are solid, comfortable and good looking. Thanks for the good work!!
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 27 Aug 2003 3:09 am    

I appreciate your kind words Mr Brown , Wayne if I may? Please call me Ray.. I'm just a simple country boy trying to do the things I enjoy in this short journey we call life. You have already been around a while in this industry and have done well and it is greatly appreciated that you "welcome" me in. Some folks believe that competition means "enemy" but I believe differently. Two people with similar ideas can certainly compliment each other if they choose. I choose the complimentary position. It makes the journey so much more enjoyable to travel with friends. Bowie... thank you for your business but more importantly thank you for your friendship. We will all be together jamming soon I hope.

Ray
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 28 Aug 2003 3:51 am    

I am answering all of the e-mails as quickly as I can and so far I am keeping pace although I am staying up a bit later to get them all done. Not complaining here...I am very appreciative...

Thanks all

Ray
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 29 Aug 2003 7:24 am    

up
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 29 Aug 2003 12:47 pm    

Apparently from what I have received via e-mail. I did not give the complete web site address for you to view the seats. I am working on that as we speak. In the meantime I will be happy to e-mail pictures of the new seat to anyone who would like to se them first hand. E-mail your request and I will get them to you as soon as I receive your e-mail. Sorry for the inconvenience

Ray Walker
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 1 Sep 2003 7:02 am    

up