| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "So, You Want To Be A Songwriter?"
John Lindley

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2008 5:44 pm    

Hi,

My name is John Lindley, and I've written an informative booklet on the subject of Songwriting. The price is $11.95
I am a Songwriter, and I understand what it is like to write a great song and not know exactly what to do with it. There are many people out there who want nothing more than to take your money, and they will make you loads of promises as to what will happen if you'll just pay them to record your song. You simply must know how to stay away from this type of scam. I cannot teach you how to write a song, I assume you already know that, (I do cover some basics of Songwriting) but I can show you many important aspects of the business that can save you thousands of dollars, and much heartbreak. I do not pitch, publish, promote, produce, critique songs, or do demos, but I will teach you about these things. This is grass-roots level information that every Songwriter had better know, and you need to know it early in your career.

My songs have been recorded by artists such as Randy Travis..."Promises", the single release version of "Young Guns", "It's Out of My Hands", "Future Mister Me," "8 Second Hero", which was used on the TV series, "Touched By An Angel", and many others. Randy and I have co-written many songs together, including, "The Great Divide", which was recorded by Gene Watson. I have also written for many other artists.

"So, You Want To Be A Songwriter" is written for beginning Songwriters, but more experienced writers can learn from it too. It is easy to read and to the point. You'll not find another booklet with this much usable information. You can contact me if you need more than one copy of the booklet for things such as Songwriting clubs.

These are only a few of the topics I cover in this booklet:

Just what is a good song?

How do I get my songs heard?

What are BMI and ASCAP, and do I need to join one of them?

Do I need an agent?

What about demos?

Should I pay someone to publish my songs? (This subject alone is worth many times the cost of this booklet)

Will someone Steal my songs?

What is a copyright, who owns it, how do I get one?

Collaboration--How does that work?

You don't have to learn about these things the hard way. I learned through many difficult years pounding the streets of Nashville Tennessee. If I would have known some of these things back then, my life would have been much easier. There has never been a better time to be a Songwriter, but you absolutely must know the basics of the business, This booklet will not answer every question you may have about the business of Songwriting, no book can, but it will give you a head start if you are a serious Songwriter, no matter what type of music you write. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at--aworldm@bellsouth.net, or send check or money order for $11.95 (Including shipping)
to:

So, You Want To Be A Songwriter?
John Lindley
PO BOX 2064
Statesville, NC 28625