| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cowtown Days
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2003 12:06 pm    

Kansas Steel Guitar Association has the entertainment for Friday night, August 8, 2003 at the Baxter Springs, Kansas Cowtown Days. The line-up is as follows:

7:00-7:45 Lee Ogle w/ Rick Cook Band
7:50-8:35 Douglas Hudson w/ Band
8:40-9:25 Ray Qualls w/ Vintage Country
9:30-10:15 9 yr. old Austin Stewart and
Grandpa Jerry Newberry
This is a first for our new club and we're very grateful to the Baxter Springs Chamber of Commerce for letting us have the entertainment. It will be outside at the Spring River Park on East 12th St. Its a free show so if you're in the area, please come by and support our new club. We're looking at other good things to happen in the near future, so "Wish us Luck"!
Ray Qualls, President:KSGA

------------------
Ray Qualls

Douglas Hudson

Galena, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2003 6:30 pm    

I dont know about you Ray but I have been working hard for this show,,amidst working up a new show with Lorena Prater and the Western Reunion Band. Also am picking with the band Split Second in Joplin Mo. at Dana's on west 7th starting at 7pm on Aug. 2nd. I am sure there will be some great traditional and new country played at both venues. Any steeler in Spalding Nebraska area on Aug 5th I will be playing the Greely county fair there. I would be happy for any of you in the area to come and say hi!
Douglas Hudson VP KSGA
Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2003 12:04 pm    

Boy oh boy Ray, I'm sure excited. This is going to be some fun. I'll be backing up four of my favorite singers. We will be exposing a bunch of people to this beautiful instrument. By the time we start, we will be in the shade, no rain in the forcast. Its going to be great.
Leland
Doyle Huff

Broken Arrow, OK USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2003 6:16 pm    

Hey guys, I hope you have a big turnout. I'd wish you luck but you don't need that, as you all pros and I know you will do great. Wish I could be there but I have out of town family coming in so will have to pass.
Leland Ogle

Baxter Springs, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2003 5:19 am    

Nice to hear from you Doyle. Wish you could join us. I hope some of you Tulsa boys can make it up to the SE corner of Kansas for some pickin sometime.
Leland
Doyle Huff

Broken Arrow, OK USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2003 6:08 am    

Lee, I'm going to do that I hope before the end of the year.
ray qualls

Baxter Springs, Kansas (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2003 10:29 am    

Hey Guys, looks like things are still going great for Cowtown Days. There are a couple of "Thank You's" that I have to do. First of all a Thank You to "b0b" for having this Forum that allows us to reach our fellow players and friends. A thank you to all of our club members that have helped getting this evening set up for Cowtown Days. To the Chamber Of Commerce and City Council of Baxter Springs for the endorsement of our club. To the Baxter Springs News for the nice write-up of our club. To the steel guitar friends that have encouraged us in getting the KSGA going. Guys, I don't see nothing but good things happening in the future for our club.
Congratulations to our Vice-President, Douglas Hudson, for his new job on the road with Lorena Prater. I know that he will do her a fantastic job. Thanks to the Rick Cook Band that Lee Ogle plays with for providing that PA equipment. Paul Troop is playing his double 8 string for a couple of songs. There are going to be a lot of singers there helping. And last but not least, guys, if you haven't heard 9 year old Austin Stewart play, you're missing something in your life. And to add icing to the cake, His Grandpa, Jerry Newberry, will be playing also. Its just gonna be "One Fantastic Night" in Baxter Springs.
Ray Qualls- President, KSGA
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2003 4:20 am    

Hi everyone. This is Dana (Austin's mom), his grandma is out of town so I am using her name to post a thank you to Ray & Douglas & the club for giving Austin & Dad a chance to pick with them. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2003 1:00 pm    

Grandma's back in town and ready to come to Kansas!!!!!!!!!!!! Donna