| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TC Electronic, G-sharp sale --work with a Tonic?
Al Moss

Kent,OH,USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2008 8:37 am    

--Just a small lead on a sale that I stumbled onto to which some steelers may be interested too.

I've just added a T C Electronic G-Sharp to the signal path of a Tonic/ Split system. It seems to be working out just fine and adds a real nice variety of Delays and Verbs to the equation. I had been looking at the T C Electronic M-350 and it was a surprise to find that the G-Sharp (which closely resembles the M-350) is selling for 149.00 on the Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and Musicians Friend web sites (incidentally, a 50.00 manufacturer rebate is currently offered on the '350, making both units the same price for now, but that offer on the '350 will expire on Oct 31st). It still looks like a bargain to me on the G-Sharp, considering its' original ticket price, which was a good bit more than twice that amount.

The G-Sharp is a single rack space reverb and delay unit. It has an internal power supply so--NO- wall wart. Seems to work nice in the efx send and return on the Tonic.

Last edited by Al Moss on 31 Oct 2008 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Bas Kapitein

Holland
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2008 9:11 am    

You just confirmed what I wrote in the last post of this tread a couple of days ago

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=143972

Brad might like to comment on it beacause the G-sharp is a great and now cheap way to compliment Brads quality preamps.
Bas Kapitein

Holland
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2008 9:12 am    

You just confirmed what I wrote in the last post of this tread a couple of days ago

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=143972

Brad might like to comment on it because the G-sharp is a great and now cheap way to compliment Brads quality preamps.
Al Moss

Kent,OH,USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2008 1:40 pm    

Bas,
I posted a request for some clarification on the thread that you've sited above.
Now I'm wondering if I'm making some sort of mistake in the way that I'm running the signal chain with my G-sharp and Tonic. Everything sounds just fine but I'm a bit confused after reading Brad's consideration.
Al Moss

Kent,OH,USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 8:20 am     clarify please..

Well, now I'm a bit confused here.
I've hooked up a TC G-sharp through the effects send and return on my Tonic and am using the effect level control on the Tonic to control the effected signal from the G-sharp. It sounds fine to me. Is this an incorrect, or, less than optimum, way to route the signal path? The input gain level on the G-sharp is up all the way, but it does not seem to be adding any noise or distortion to the signal, no red lights are being activated on the led sensors for input gain, only green. The reverb level is up all the way to fully wet on the G-sharp and I've got a smaller level of delay mixed into the signal that the Tonic is seeing. Is this method of routing the G-sahrp not the best way to integrate it's use by the Tonic? So now I'm curious. If it sounds ok, is it really ok?
Bas or Brad, whaddaya say?
Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 9:55 am    

Al,
I have one. They work fine. If you run through the tonic effects loop, make sure the G# is set to parallel and the KILLDRY switch on the back is depressed. By the way I only use a 2 space rack, so I had to choose between the G# and a BBE. I have a G# for sale, $125 shipped. No rash, and the power cord, manuals etc unopened in original packaging.
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 11:42 am    

Thanks Jon! There's your answer Al. I just wasn't sure about the killdry switch and if it would run parallel like the M350. So apparently it does!

Thanks,
Brad
Al Moss

Kent,OH,USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2008 4:45 pm    

Thanks fellas. That info is a big help.
Jon, thanks for the info on the G# that you've got up for sale. Maybe it wasn't altogether clear that I already have one, still, that's a nice price on a nice sounding effects unit and , as I now know, integrates nicely in it's design for use with a Tonic.