| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club Hall Of Fame Show
Bob Callaway

Bob & Barbara of Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 9:36 am    

We would like to thank: Chris Castle, Ron Elliott, Jim Vest,Scotty, Lynn Owsley, Billy Robinson, Wayne Hobbs, & Chubby Howard for taking your time and talent to make this the greatest show ever. We also want to thank the backup band and singers: Judy Brummett, Ron Browning, Rodney Crisp, Wichita, Arnold Osteen, Bobby Reed, Rick Reed, Donnie Lampley, Gary Talbot, Boogie Sherrard, Rob Parker, Amber Martin, Faye Kessler Todd Nally. Thanks to Chet Brummett for running the sound system and to Dee Craig for videoing the show and to all who helped make this show possible. A big thanks to the people at AAHMED GROTTO where the show was held.
If I have forgotten anyone, I'm so sorry.
BOB CALLAWAY
Member LMSGC, NTSGA, ASGA, OzarkSGA, PSGA,
www.BobCallaway

Last edited by Bob Callaway on 14 Oct 2008 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Richard Douthitt

Coxs Creek, KY, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 9:52 am    

Let me say what an honor it was to play in the band for this show. Thank you so much Bob and LMSGC for makin it happen. Thank you to all the steel players for the paths you've carved along the way. Your talent can never be duplicated or replaced! Excellent show........A+++++++
Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 12:06 pm    

it was a great show!! everyone did a great job picking and i enjoyed talking with everyone and making new friends.

thanks to bob callaway and the louisville metro steel guitar club for having me down to this show and i hope to play on some more in the future!!

thanks again

god bless

chris castle
Don Lampley

Thompsonville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 4:15 pm    

I would like to say thanks to Bob Callaway and the LMSGC for a great show and the added pleasure of getting to play on the show hope to do it again.

Lousville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 6:20 pm    

Everyone sounded great and what a great lineup! Thanks to everyone for making this such successful show, especially Bob Callaway for all his time and effort in lining up the players/
Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 7:34 pm     Thanks Bob

Bob, thank you for the invite, for loaning me your amps, and for heading up a fine show. You are much appreciated by all. Thanks again, and Leslie and I enjoyed the show and your company. we'll do it again. Raising money for the Hall of Fame is such a great cause...thanks to all that came and helped.Ron Elliott
Richard Douthitt

Coxs Creek, KY, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 7:37 pm    

Ron, I love ya man...your an inspiration to me and I appreciate your friendship.
Chubby Howard

Franklin, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2008 5:41 pm    

What a great show and man did everbody play ther butt's off.It was good to see my ole friends,and really good to see and visit my friend Jim Vest, and MY VERY DEAR FRIEND Scotty, Bob thanks again for having me.I will be there next year, it is also a pleasure to raise money for the Steel Guitar Hall Of Fame. Thanks again everybody, Chubby Howard
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2008 10:35 pm     Louisville

I agree that this years show seemed to be the best one in a long time. Besides hearing all the players it, like all other shows, has become a yearly meeting place to get with old friends and meet new ones. I congratulate Bob Calloway and all his crew for making Mary and I feel comfortable and that includes the band... I hope to see you there again next year. Oh, one more thing. Chris Castle is doing his part to see that the steel guitar will not die out. He being 16 years old will assure us that the steel guitar will be around for a long time to come. Scotty
Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2008 6:05 am    

What a great show and Chubbys right, everybody played their butt's off. There is not much more can be said that hasn’t already been said. And the food!

A little bit of a long drive (852 miles Florida to Fairdale) but for good steel music and to see ole friends, listen to Lynn Owsley’s jokes and Jim Vest stories, and the food! That made the miles worth it.

By the way, did I mention the food!

Besides eating in some of the best restaurants in Louisville & Nashville.

I got some good ole home cookin at
Bob & Barbara Callaway
Billy & Carolyn Robinson
Margit & Charlie Stepp Sr.
Bob & Barbara Callaway again
Charlie Stepp Jr.
Thanks to you all and Happy Birthday Margit
I think, I mention the food!

Danny
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA
Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2008 12:06 pm    

Thanks to all of you for your hospitality and warm welcome.
i promise that i will not let you down... As long as im around i will never let steel guitar die. I live for it and it means more to me than anything.
I love music and i love picking on my Derby steel.

Thanks to all the players and Mr. Dewitt "Scotty" Scott. Also thanks to Margit and Charles Stepp for always being there for me and being just like family to me and for making the best steel guitar in the world. I look forward to next years show and hope to see all my good friends again soon!!

thankyou

god bless

--chris castle--
Jaynette Mondie

Louisville, KY
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2008 7:11 am    

From Charlie & Margit - It was a great time had by all! It gets better every year!

Danny - Mom said you didn't come the furthest - her brother and sister came from Germany! hahaha

Chris - They love watching your progress on the steel guitar - absolutely fabulous! Keep up the great job......

We can't wait for next year!

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2008 6:36 pm    

i have to say that this was one of the best shows i've ever been on. The people were nice, the band was great, and the playing was incredible!!

i think all the guys from the LMSGC should be applauded along with bobby calloway, dee craig,the band, the pickers, and everyone else who took part in this show, for making such a great show!!!

I enjoyed the fellowship and seeing my friends...
I enjoyed being with margit and charles stepp for a nice visit... they are just like family to me and always will be. They have been there for me from the very start of my steel playing... Mr. Charlie does make a great guitar. doesnt he!! i love you guys!

I especially enjoyed meeting Mr. Dewitt "Scotty" Scott. I have looked up to him from the very first steel songs i played. He is truly a legend and one great friend. - thanks Scotty.

I enjoyed meeting Jim Vest, Lynn Owsley, and Billy Robinson. They were all magnificent!! i love that steel Billy Robinson plays... i dont see how he or Scotty can get that kind of sound without pedals!!

It was great to spend time with my great friends Chubby Howard and Wayne Hobbs as well... What great steelers and great people. They are both great players and great friends.... There is nobody like Chubby. I love seeing Chubby and just talking about the old country,, you know the real country. Thank you chubby and wayne for being such great friends...

How could i forget the one and only mr. Ron Elliot. He finally got to see his old double neck rosewood. That was the 1st time he'd seen me play. He is such a great steel picker, so smooth!! Truly one of a kind!!

Thanks for letting me part of such a great show. i hope to be back next year

--chris castle