| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guest Steel Guitarists On RFD Channel
Bernie Gonyea

Sherman Tx. 75092 ,U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 5:45 pm    

Very Happy Whoa! Laughing

Attention Brett or any other forumite whom might be able to tell me whom was the steel Guitarist on last nite's show; he was backing the Blind Lad, whom works with Leons Williams from time to time. A really fine steel picker, in my opinion. I didn't recognize him.Thanks..bernie Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes Whoa!

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:01 pm    

Bernie, The blind guy would be Justin Travino. I didn't see the show so I don't know who the steeler was.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:06 pm    

From what I read on another thread, I would say it was Jim Loessberg with Justin Trevino and Leona Williams.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:29 pm    

Jim Loessberg is on tour with Ray Price now.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Craig A Davidson

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:34 pm    

Wasn't it mentioned that Jim might have played Joe's Zum last night on Midwest Country? lhttp://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=143708

Last edited by Craig A Davidson on 12 Oct 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bernie Gonyea

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:36 pm     Steeler On RFD Channel

Very Happy Smile Cool

bill : thanks for the info; yes, now I recall Justin Trevelino; It may very well been that guy, Jim, whom Joe commented on . I didn't notice that it was Joe's guitar he was playing. Did a mighty fine job. And I, too, am an ardent fan of our buddy, Joe Savage. He was playing a great back-up for Maggie-Mae. Keep up the good work, Joe.. Many thanks to you others whom responded to my call..Regards, Bernie Cool Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2008 6:39 pm    

Bernie it's Trevino. But then you knew that already. Very Happy
Jeff Hyman

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 12:17 am    

I don't get a change to watch RFD as much as I'd like. Was watching it last night. On Hee-Haw there was a Japanese fellow singing C&W and yodeling. Did a good job. Anyone know the PSG player behind him? Also, was that the house band?
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 7:56 am    

Jeff, that was the Buckaroos, JD on steel. I didn't see the show with Justin.
Jeff Hyman

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 11:23 am    

Howard... they sure sounded good. It's a real shame there aren't more C&W bands like that today. Everything was so simple and clean... good tone, etc. This surely trickles down to the local area bands too. Not many do the old C&W from the 50's => 70's. I do however enjoy all music, country R&R, blues, etc. There's still plenty of good pickers out there.
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 3:05 pm    

It was Jim Loessburg on Joe's Zumsteel with Justin, but I think Joe played with Leona. See the post "Question for Joe Savage". Jim made Joe's ole Zum sing, but so does Joe.
Bernie Gonyea

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 3:28 pm     The Midwest Show From Sandstone, Mn.

Very Happy Laughing

craig : thanks for correcting my spelling;; I have a close friend by the name of Trevelino. now I do know the difference.

And Danny, it was Joe backing Leona Williams; that's why I knew the steel player wasn't Joe; even tho I admire Joe's style of playing a great deal. I was very saddened to hear of Leroy's passing. Don't get to see much TV during summer as we are to camp a good share of the time with no TV hook-up. Bernie Whoa! Smile Rolling Eyes

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 3:41 pm    

Jim sure did a fine job.

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 5:10 pm    

I hope I didn't offend you Bernie. I don't always get names right myself. Very Happy
John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2008 9:17 pm    

I didn't get to see The Midwest Country Show this past Sat. because; unfortunately I fell asleep near the beginning, but; I woke at the end, during the credits and they contained Leroy Glasier's name, which indicated to me that it was not a real recent show. I know there have been several times in past shows that included Johnnie Cox on PSG with Justin and Leona. If he was wearing a whitish western-straw, it my well have been Johnnie on that particular show! And, don't ask why he wears a hat! (It's a real Country Show!)
Bernie Gonyea

Post  Posted 14 Oct 2008 3:32 pm     Mid-west Country Show

Very Happy Rolling Eyes Laughing

John : I know what you're saying about Johnnie Cox usually working with Leona and Justin and Johnnie wearing his fancy cowboy hat; no; I thot it was Johnnie, at first; but there was no hat and no Johnnie. Quite certain it was this " JIM ", whom was pointed out by several other forumites. and you were correct it was a repeat show [ At least, part of it was ] because early in the program, Leroy was playing Lead. I see they quite often show segments from previous shows. Hope we're all right on this.. Bernie Smile Cool Rolling Eyes