| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Now available-"BARKER" and"PURRLINE" Strings.
Ed Naylor

portsmouth.ohio usa, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2003 4:30 am    

Most forumites know I love animals and the state of Ohio has a poor record concerning "Companion" Animals.Because of this I am introducing the "Barker" and "Purrline" Strings. ALL money I get from the sales except S-H will go to pay expenses ,Vet bills,Food etc. in helping these animals find homes. Photos of rescued animals will be on the label.E9-$6 and C6 #8.These may help your Guitar "BARK " or stay in "PURRFECT" tune. Ed Naylor Steel Guitar Works
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2003 2:22 pm    

Since my post I got a call from a lady that had "Saved" a Springer Spaniel that was running loose. I took her a case of dog food and a collar and think I found a home for her.In my post I said all money except S-H goes to animal projects. Should anybody accept my offer , on all orders make the check out to OHIO Humane Education Association This is a non profit association in Columbus that is helping to change things.For Shipping and Handling .include $2.50 to Steel Guitar Works. I will keep you posted on results. ED
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 19 Apr 2003 5:27 pm    

Is there a connection between animals and strange things happening???? Tonight I attended the Bentonville Anti Horse Thief Society 150 yr banquet.They gave away prizes in a drawing and I got $20 donated by the County Auditor.Earlier this week I went to the Auditors office to pick up the DOG TAG report for this year. My cost-----$20. This will go in the KIBBLE and BITS fund. ED
Gino Iorfida

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2003 10:14 pm    

So what is the difference between the 'Barker' and 'Purrline' strings? Seriously, though, give us some more information (i.e. guages? stainless or nickel wrap etc) IF they are what I use, I'll be ordering 10 sets or so... I was planning on ordering strings this week anyways, soo if it can go to a good cause (not as much of a dog person myself, though I like them, just not the dog owner type..) the wife and I have 4 cats that live with us (can't call them pets, since I think THEY run the house, not us 'lowly humans')... and anything to help rescued animals, we'll support.

[This message was edited by Gino Iorfida on 19 April 2003 at 11:21 PM.]

Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 4:46 am    

The cover is basically a series of photos of a Cat or Dog that I have helped rescue.The Strings are the highest quality "Stainless" Steel and the E-9 are 013-038.with options. The C6 # ranges 012-068. #1- I am trying to offer a quality product at a good price, and at the same time take strain off my pocket book as I try to help this animal situation. Iwill give this a 30 day shot and keep you informed. ED
Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 5:12 am    

Ed,
Send me your address and the prices for 2 sets of E9 and 2 sets of C6.
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 5:52 am    

Frank- My address is Steel Guitar Works--7686 State Rt. 41-- Bentonville, Ohio, 45105. E9 $6 ea-C6$8 ea plus $2.50 S-H. Do you want Dogs or Cats?? Ed
Gino Iorfida

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 5:57 pm    

I'll be ordering 10 sets tomorrow. Can't beat these prices, and profits going to a good cause. Ed, you truly are a saint among us here.. One of these days, I hope to get down your way to meet up with ya.
Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2003 3:52 pm    

That would most definitely be cats.
Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2003 4:58 am    

Guy's i have tryed these strings, both C6th and E9th. I have had great luck with them, and have used them with Holly Dunn on the Road And the Opry many times..
Hats off Ed, on save'n the critters....
Mike
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 23 Apr 2003 11:57 am    

Mike- being a Buckeye you know how bad this animal situation is here. I am working on an "Animal" event to take place sometime this summer.Maybe you can round up some people to help out. Also with this Nashville attention with the arrest of the man who saved his dog in a fire, Maybe you can get some C-W people to come to the aid of animals.Also forumites have sent me photos of thier pets and maybe they can be a "Barker" insert. ED
Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2003 7:48 pm    

Ed,
I am happy to see that you are so involved with saving discarded pets. However, your reference to "companion" animals leads me to believe that you are a radical animal rights activist preying on the ignorance of most people on this forum as to your real cause. As an avid Houndsman, I must ask you to state your real endeavors and ideals. The Humane Society of the United States' website claims that they want pet owners to care for their pets, and gives wonderful information for feeding and caring of your animals. However, their actions show that they are the sponsors of numerous anti-hunting, anti-pet ownership, and anti-meat eating legislation. They give only 1% of their $90 million dollar(tax free!) annual income to animal shelters, 28% to "overhead"(such as Wayne Pacelle's hair cuts), and most the rest goes to polluting our children's minds in schools and greasing the palms of polititions to carry their Hate Legislation Bills. Many of us hunt, fish, and eat meat. It's our way of life and culture. If you are out to attack us, please state that here. If you only want to help the discarded pets in our communities, I'll be more than happy to buy a set of strings from you and send a little extra for your cause.
Very sincerely,
Patrick Ickes

Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 24 Apr 2003 4:53 am    

Patrick-Companion animal defination in Ohio is mainly dogs and cats and the law {Cats exempt} states that you MUST HAVE A TAG- and HAVE YOUR ANIMAL IN CONTROL. otherwise it it a "Stray'. My project is to help people be aware of what happens for uncontrolled animals. Here in our county there is no animal shelter and people just "Dump" animals and the warden many times "Shoots" them on the spot. I am not a radical , just want people to be more responsible if they have an animal.ED
Patrick Ickes

Upper Lake, CA USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2003 10:10 pm    

Thanks for the reply Ed,
I see your address in a previous post.
I'll try a set of E9 as I'm experimenting for a set that I like better than what I have used so far.
I'm real glad to see people like you trying to find homes for these neglected animals.
Good luck,
Patrick Ickes
Gino Iorfida

Post  Posted 9 May 2003 12:17 pm    

Strings arrived today. Very good tone, and the guages are a nice balance of tone/tension. The pictures of the rescued animals featured definitely give some personality to them. Not only did I end up with great strings at a great price, I know I am helping a good cause.
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 9 May 2003 1:35 pm    

Gino- Which set did you open first?/ The dog or cat? And which one? Before I finish with this project I will probably feature 50-60 animals , and will try to add "Bios" of the animal shown.The situation is starting to get attention. An area Newspaper today did a front page story on the "Pit Bull" problem in a town 5 miles from me. Again I am not a radical- just a concerned citizen that is appalled by the animal control situation. Ed.
Gino Iorfida

Post  Posted 9 May 2003 6:11 pm    

I opened the golden retriever set first.
Ed Naylor

Post  Posted 10 May 2003 5:58 am    

Gino- That's Brownie. He was "Dumped" to us. Last summer I had hime tied out behind my shop and he consistantly kept barking.That was unusual and I went out to check on him and the side of my building was on fire. Workers on my roof apparently dropped a cigarette and it caught something on fire.We put the fire out. A few days later he got very sick and I took him to Vet emergency room late at night. He got Parvo.Happy ending - after time in vets care he got well.I still have him and he makes my day lots of times. Ed