| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  15th annual steelin for hearts,steel jam, sun,27
Dean Black

Pawleys Island, South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2003 1:32 pm    

this sunday is our 15th year for the steelin for hearts ,steel guitar jam !and will be back at the birchmere concert theater,in alexandria v,a. this years lineup includes hall of famers,BUDDY CHARLETON,JOHN HUGHEY,HERBY WALLACE,JIMMY CRAWFORD,DEWITT"SCOTTY"SCOTT. ALSO BUCK REID(LYLE LOVETT),AND BOBBY EDENTON,GARY LEE GIMBLE,PAUL VENDEMIA,AND MYSELF,AND WILL HAVE SOME GUEST APPERENCES. the day will end with a monster jam,doors open at 11.00 ,show starts at 12.00 noon ,till 9.00 ? tickets avalible at the door ,or through ticketmaster. ticket price 25.00 bucks ,and proceeds to benifit the heart transplant foundation.the birchmere address is 3701 mt vernon ave,alexandria v.a. 703-549-7500 , or call dean or glenn at 410-674-7346 come join our day of steel, hope to see you all there. dean
Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2003 7:08 am    

Dean,
thanks for all your help in making it possible for Jimmie and I to attend this years show. It's a line up of players that i have personally learned from in the past and have great respect for! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your staff,this promises to be a very enjoyable show!!
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2003 7:12 am    

I am also looking forward to being back at the Steeling For Hearts show. This is always a fantastic show and Dean Black does a first class job with it. I hope to see you there this Sunday.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2003 6:29 am    

yeehaa and bumperino!!! Hey Dean, you still haven't answered my Bowery question yet. Are ya workin' there this summer?
Dave Van Allen

Doylestown, PA , US , Earth
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2003 10:18 am    

bump again for the road...
Dave Van Allen

Post  Posted 29 Apr 2003 12:08 pm    

well, I dunno 'bout you, but I enjoyed it!

Maestro Charlton's new Zum sure is purty.

------------------

"I AM Z-BOY!"

Zumsteel U12 "Loafer" 8&6 :: ZB Custom D-10 Smile :: Fender Tube Amplification
www.voicenet.com/~vanallen/ :: vanallen@voicenet.com :: www.lasttrainhome.com::
My Live365 Broadcast

Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2003 1:21 pm    

Charleton's enthusiasm for his new guitar definitely showed through his playing, especially during the big jam at the end of the show. There has been so much said about all of our out of town guests, I really can't add any more expect no listener left disappointed! Buck Reid mentioned something about a CD project but didn't offer an ETA. I'll prebook my order now!

Gary Lee
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2003 9:02 pm    

I was sorry to miss this show this year; first one I've had to miss in awhile, but had a prior commitment for a performance I couldn't avoid.

Would sure love to hear more about how it went. Who played what, what surprises there were, what Charleton's new guitar looks like, etc. Come on back and talk to Teddy Bayer!
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2003 2:29 am    

John Hughey played so well he scared me
Dave Van Allen

Post  Posted 30 Apr 2003 7:10 am    

Teddy Bayer this is Papa Tylenol....

Hughey was "ON" and his C6th work was hurting everybody, even Herby seemed daunted at times.
BC just grinned and kept kickin a$$...

Mr. C's Zum: front apron design of a mountain in rosewood or walnut, and grayish creamy sky simple yet elegant; BOLT ON CHANGER (!) not standard Zum, special order I was told (not by BC)...sounded just like it should.

I missed a big chunk of the show in the middle.

Paul Vendemmia overcame his jitters and played a very nice set; As did the forum's own Gary Lee Gimble- what was that fiddle tune you played Gary? FAST...

gotta go...
Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2003 8:08 am    

A big thanks to Dean Black,Paul Vendemmia and all the musicians in the band for a very enjoyable and memorable weekend. It was an honor to be there and play with Jimmie,John,Buddy and Herby! They once again reminded me why i have such tremendous respect for them!
Oh,and to Dean Black......I OWE YOU ONE!!
To Gary,first i enjoyed your playing very much! You asked about my upcoming CD......i'm hoping to have it ready by late summer or early fall. I'm hoping to post here when it becomes available. Thanks for asking and thanks again to everyone involved in putting this fine show together!