| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobby Garrett tape to CD??????
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2008 2:41 pm    

Hey Music Collectors,

b0b has a tape by Bobby Garrett (And one by Zane Beck) that I am going to purchase. Is there a regularly available method of having the tape converted to CD? I haven't owned any kind of tape player in ages.

Thanks so much for any information.

Johnne Lee

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Duane Becker

Elk,Wa 99009 USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2008 2:57 pm    

Johnne, if you want to burn a cd of the tape your self, then I'd suggest Magix. They have audio cleaning and burn to cd software that works great. www.magix.com

But you do need a cassette tape player to play the tape-so this may not be the way you want to go. But I thought I might mention it.

You could take it to a studio or audio production company and they could do the transfer and burn as well-I've noticed that most of the prices are very high. But for one tape, it may be the thing for you to do.
Bob Knight

Bowling Green KY
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2008 5:18 am     Ripvinyl

Take a look at this one, I have been using it for several years.

www.ripvinyl.com

The program gives you control over the level sampling begins at, and the minimum amount of time that must elapse between tracks, and can record from any audio source on your PC.

Just plug your record player (via your amplifier) or Walkman into the Line Input jack on your PC, select the correct input, and away you go. The program will automatically listen to your album, and break it up into individual wave files for you. You can then do whatever you like with the tracks--resample them, clean them up with other signal processing programs, or even make a backup copy of your irreplaceable vinyl or cassettes onto a CD-R disk. The latest release even allows you to compress to formats like MP3 on-the-fly while recording.
How about picking favorite tracks off several albums to make a compilation CD for the car. Go on; let your vinyl Rest In Peace.