| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Austin Stewart Just Confirmed for the GSGA Show
Doug Rolfe

Indianapolis, IN
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2003 3:30 pm    

Hey ya'all, I just got word from Jerry Roller that Austin is coming to INDY this year for the Gospel Steel Show. He is 8 years old and quite a little player. He played at Dallas this year and brought the house down.
Just another reason to come to the GSGA Show here in INDY on May 2nd and 3rd.
Kenny Rollans will also be here with some pac-seats for sale in case you need one.

There are still a few rooms available at the Clarian Waterfront Plaza Hotel for $68.00. Call on Mon. thru Fri. during the normal business hours at 317-299-8400 and ask for group sales. Let them know that you are a part of the steel show to get the special rate.
Don't miss this one. It's gonna be great!!!
Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2003 4:45 pm    

Hey Doug,

That's great news..Just keep in mind, your gonna have to get in line to get his autograph...He's a great inspiration to all of us, and I guess were fighting to adopt him...

He just lets his bar do the talking, cause he won't/don't say much otherwise

Looking forward to being there...

Jerry
http://www.slidestation.com

[This message was edited by Jerry Brightman on 20 April 2003 at 02:37 PM.]

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 8:15 am    

Doug, We would like to thank you for the invite to Indy. Jerry and Austin are excited about comming. I am even going to miss a fishing tournament just so I can be there. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!
So far I have been lucky and all of the Pickin dates have been when I was home or could get back in time. This time I wasn't so lucky. As they get an invite to more and more places the fishing may have to take a backseat for a while. My heart swells with pride when I see Jerry and Austin up on the stage together. Of course I breath a sigh of relief when their time is over and their set has gone ok. I know everyone makes mistakes. We get to expecting so much out of Austin and sometimes we have to remind ourselves that " AFTER ALL HE'S ONLY 8!!!!! " See everyone at Indy.

Donna ( CHAMP 99 )
Wayne Smith

Rowlett, Tx. USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2003 11:46 am    

Doug, I am so glad that you were able to put Austin and Jerry on the program this year. They will be a great addition to your already wonderful program. You will not be disapointed in his performance. Every time I watch Austin, he just gets better. Grandpa Jerry has done a marvelous job in teaching him and encouraging him to play. Austin has such a humble spirit about him that will really take a special place in your heart. Looking forward to great pickin' and the best fellowship anywhere.
See you there. God Bless. Wayne
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2003 5:41 am    

This one definitely deserves another trip to the top. To anyone who is concerned about the future of steel guitar, come hear this little 8 year old and stop worrying. Be prepared to be amazed. Forget it Mr. Brightman, this one is taken.
JR

[This message was edited by Jerry Roller on 21 April 2003 at 06:46 AM.]

Jerry Brightman

Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2003 7:53 am    

Ok, Ok Jerry...
At least he's in good hands with you...But, I'll just have to tell him to wear his hard hat with the rest of us when you play..he he

Cya you all soon!

Jerry

http"//www.slidestation.com
Doug Rolfe

Indianapolis, IN
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2003 9:07 am    

I'm sorry that you must miss your fishing tournament, Donna. However, I'm sure that God will give you even a bigger catch because of your sacrifice. We are certainly looking forward to Austin and his grandpa coming to be with us.
I trust that this will be a blessing to all of you.

[This message was edited by Doug Rolfe on 21 April 2003 at 12:48 PM.]