| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Beginners Notes" Problem Printing
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 12:10 pm    

A forum member says me he has had a problem printing out "Beginners Notes". When printing it was cutting off the right side of the text past the tab staffs. If this is or has been a problem, I would like very much to correct if I can and get members any Notes they might have missed or did not get completely. Please let me know, I'll do my best to get it corrected. Thank you, Dick Sexton
Jim Lawler

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 3:21 pm    

Dick, I have had this problem too. I usually just go back and pencil in what is missing.
Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 5:44 pm    

I haven't had any problem printing them yet. And I am having fun with them thanks for posting them. I have a ?. Which lever is F. We probably have diferent setups.
Thanks, Will
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 6:33 pm     The "F" lever...

Will, thank you for your kind words and response. Much appreciated. I am using a basic Emmons setup with a couple of minor exceptions. But to answer your question, The lever that raised both Es to F# I call my "F" lever, the lever that lowers my Es to Eb I call my "E" lever, just seemed logical to me. And I see other tab written in this way. Does not matter, though, as long as you know what you are doing when the lever is pressed. Will help to know though, when reading my tab. The exception I think is, I raise my 7th string with the same lever that raises my 1st and I call that "G" for the note I raise it to. I call the 2nd string lower "D" for the noted I lower to. Pedals are standard Emmons setup. I hope this helps.

I'm very glad to hear you are getting some use of my tabbing, I enjoy doing it and I get to learn also. It really is a fun journey.
Steel on my friend. DS
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 6:37 pm     Printing problem...

Jim,
So sorry this has been a problem. I'm not exactly sure what the fix will be, but I high lite what I want to print, then print only that. You might try this until I can get it sorted out. Hope your getting use of it anyway. My best to you, DS
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2008 7:06 pm     Correction to the printing problem?

Ok friends, I have gone back and edited #42 and #42 cont. to fit on a printed page based on the pdf file one of our steeling brothers emailed me(Thanks Ron).
Can't be exactly sure what the problem is, but have found a work around until I am. If you find other "Beginners Notes" that are or have been a problem. Please let me know and I'll apply the fix. Thank you, DS