| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carter question
Steve Alcott

New York, New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2008 9:16 pm    

What size are the locknuts on the socket attaching the pedal rod to the pedal, and what size are the locknuts on the kneelever adjustment screws? I'm putting together a little toolkit for a student, and don't have access to the guitar. Thanks.
Steve Alcott

New York, New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 1:07 pm    

Anybody???
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 1:32 pm    

Ok, I assume you mean the Carter Starter??? If so, it looks like the locknuts on the socket attaching the pedal rod to the pedal is 5/16 or 8mm they both fit nicely. The locknut on the rod itself is also 5/16 or 8mm. Mine has the extenders on the rods and those are 1/4.
As for the locknuts on the adjusting screws??? I don't seem to find those on mine, there are only the stop screws and they don't seem to have locknuts. Unless I missed them, but I sure don't see any. If you wanna call me to verify anything else on it, feel free 336-322-0970. I should be home most of the evening.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2008 2:47 pm    

If your Starter doesn't have the nuts on the knee lever adjustments, then he is probably talking about a pro model. The pedals rod size is 5/16" and the nuts on the knee lever adjustments are 1/4". At least these are the sizes that work on my Carter.