| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree 2003
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2003 4:08 pm    

I hope to see all of my friends and customers at the upcoming TSGJ show. Please drop by and try out the new Peavey Nashville 112 amplifier. This amp is designed for those players who don't venture out into the 'live' bandstand environment. I have received calls from church bandmembers that feel that this amp would work fine in their particular low volume environment.

And best yet, it weighs in at 42lbs. and sounds great! These amps will also be placed in the Carter Steel Guitar booth, Norris Family Music booth and the Peavey booth.................naturally.

I look forward to meeting you if I haven't already and/or seeing you again!

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 9:58 am    

Thanks to all that visited with me in the Peavey demo room. Also, thanks to Jeff Newman, Johnny Cox, Tommy Dodd, Al Brisco and Joe Wright for their "sit-ins".

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 13 March 2003 at 12:45 PM.]

Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 10:03 am    

And thank you for helping me . You are absolutely the best!!!!
Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 10:44 am    

Mike, are the amps available for purchase through dealers at this time???
Douglas Hudson

Galena, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 7:07 pm    

Mike, I was very impressed with the quality of the new amp that Peavey is introducing to the world. I think this unit will be a great one for the Peavey company. It will be hard to wait till midsummer for them to be available for purchase.
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 13 Mar 2003 7:38 am    

Thanks for the supporting comments. Doug, it is hard for a manufacturer to determine if a product will sell or not. I wanted to bring a new product to the Texas show and the Nashville 112 amp was well received.

The idea behind this amp was to use our existing circuits, find an OEM speaker that is designed for steel guitar use, use an existing MI amp cabinet, an existing power amplifier design, but incorporate ideas and requested features into the backpanel. The backpanel is all new with its HEADPHONE OUT and the CD/Tape input.

Actually, by using existing designs, it allows us to offer a model at a lower cost to the consumer.

Thanks to all that visited our demo booth and tried out this amp. I think that the everyone who sat down and played through this amp were surprised at how much sound that it could produce.

Hopefully, this product will not be held up for final production and it will be shipping by mid summer. At this time of year, Peavey and many other companies return from the NAMM show with many, many other products that have to be scheduled for production. So, be patient and you will see it soon.

If you should ever have questions about the Nashville Series of amplifiers or any other product, please let me know. I can be reached toll free in North America at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown

[This message was edited by Mike Brown on 14 March 2003 at 03:00 PM.]

Steve England

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2003 9:39 am    

I really enjoyed playing through the 112 in the Peavey room. It seemed to have a lot of power for an amp that size, and I am seriously condsidering getting one for the house the smaller clubs, rehearsals and the "acoustic" sets we sometimes do. Nice amp.
And light
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2003 9:04 pm    

Hi Mike, Nice to see you in Dallas. I think the Nashville 112 has enough power to use in any venue other than a 50000 seat stadium. we play to crowds of up to 500 and I believe the 112 will have enough power thru the board to be of use for me. Our store has 2 on order at this time. Thanks to you and Peavey for hanging in there for the steel guitar community. Jody.
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2003 2:45 pm    

It was good to shake your hand at the show Jody. Thanks for the encouragement and support of Peavey products. Hey, we're looking out for the needs of the everyday steel guitarist, and everyone's input counts here. I hope that the Nashville 112 is just what is needed to encourage six string guitarists or otherwise to become steel guitarists. That's the way it happened to me!

Mike Brown