| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ISGCC question...Who from the Forum belongs????
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2008 7:05 pm    

I am interested in the ISGCC.

This is a VERY neat concept. For example, my youngest Son and I play duets via Tele-conferencing technology and he lives about 2300 miles away. It is really great. I play board games with my 10 year old granddaughter in Germany using the same technology.

I sit in on a weekly group gab fest with a couple of Old Soldier Pardners of mine. One lives in the Midwest and the other in Hawaii. Its just like being in the same room.

Not to mention the Banjo Hangout Chat Room I sit in on once in a while. It is just so fun to sit there and smile while a good player improvises live right there in front of you! It can be kinda' like what we used to call a 'Guitar Pull', but you can be thousands of miles apart instead of in the same room!!!

If there is enough activity on the ISGCC I'd join in a minute. This is really powerful technology. A band with members on four different continents can write material, rehearse together, cut, produce and distribute a recording via this technology without ever leaving their individual bedrooms.

Lets see I'd like a weekly face to face 'Master Class' with...oh...anybody I want that has a computer! Yeah, powerful stuff!

We could all participate in the Seminars live at the International Steel Guitar Convention even if we can't attend.

Anybody here a member of ISGCC? How much activity is there?

Thanks,

Johnne Lee

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 5:21 am    

Johnny,

I can't post a list of the members, but I would urge those who don't have a problem with it to speak up and tell you they are members and when they usually get on. I know we have signed some new members up lately and things are starting to heat up again for the winter months. Seems that the winter months are a bit more active and I would guess that the summer activities start to ease up and that cabin fever thing sets in. Personally, the summer months for me tend to get busy and I can't get in the room as much as I want....but like everyone else, I am starting to slow down after the summer and I will be getting in a great deal more now. I did get in yesterday with a new member in New York and played a little live stuff to give him a feel for how it all goes. We trade a lot of licks and ideas in there and yes it is very easy to share...practice...and even learn from each other.I will tell you that we have members from all over the world...and it's a pretty inexpensive great time. The monies that we receive from the members simply get's put back into the costs of operating the room and we take no monies for ourselves.

Ray Walker and Don Poland
ISGCC
The International Steel Guitar Conference Center
www.isgcc.com
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 9:24 am     Thanks for the reply, Ray...

Ray Walker wrote:
I would urge those who don't have a problem with it to speak up and tell you they are members and when they usually get on. Seems that the winter months are a bit more active... I did get in yesterday with a new member in New York and played a little live stuff to give him a feel for how it all goes. We trade a lot of licks and ideas in there. I will tell you that we have members from all over the world...

Thanks so much, Ray! I think I will just go ahead and join. It seems like the best $5 a month I could spend. (I mean if I can afford Starbuck's - which my Dear Wife insists on - I can handle the Fiver.)

The content of your reply is just the kind of thing I'm looking to do. Even though I don't own a PSG yet, I have a fairly quick ear and decent aural recall so I am sure I will get a great deal from just listening. I have more than enough computing power to record everything that happens, so...

I do hope some other SGF member chime in with some feedback.

Thanks again, Ray!

I appreciate it,

Johnne Lee

"In the course of a long life a wise man will be prepared to abandon his baggage several times."
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 10:08 am     Isgcc

Johnne Lee,
It's a great room. It's also a great room! I hope I remembered to say that it's a great room.
Come on in and join the fun,,,,you'll be glad you did.
It's hard to say when members are in there. But, usually in the late afternoon and early evening it gets pretty busy.
Hope to see ya there sometime soon.
BB
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 11:32 am     Thanks, Bobby...

Bobby Bowman wrote:
Johnne Lee, It's hard to say when members are in there. But, usually in the late afternoon and early evening it gets pretty busy.
BB

Great info, Bobby! Thanks!

Thanks for the "Steelin4fun" link, too! When I find me a beat up old steel I can afford it looks like I may need some of the TLC you can provide.

Thanks again,

Johnne Lee

John P. Phillips

Folkston, Ga. U.S.A., R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 5:59 pm    

Hey Johnne Lee,
Why wait til you get a steel to join us ?
Quite a few non-players are members and we all have a great time.

Everyone that comes in is welcomed and treated like a brother.
Ray is telling it like it is. Activity slows down during warm weather but the colder it gets,
the more we have in the room at any given time.
We've got some big name steelers that are members too.
Everybody is soooo willing to share with you as well.
No big egos in here either.
Looking forward to seeing you in the room.
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 6:25 pm    

John P.Phillips wrote:
Hey Johnne Lee, Looking forward to seeing you in the room.

Hey John,

Thanks for the invite and the nice welcome! I do plan to join as soon as I can. I don't have a steel yet, but I've got ears and I know I can pick up a lot just by being in the room. I've learned a few other instruments by ear and by listening to others without an instrument.

Thanks again,

Johnne Lee

Joseph V. Sapp

eastern shore, Md.
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2008 5:58 am    

Johnnie:

its a wealth of information. super friendships, good pickin,,,,pedal steel,,, and even better things to come. no other place like it,,,,,sure hope to see you soon.

God Bless
Joe

Emmons Legrande lll, D-10, 8X7
Emmons Legrande ll , SD-10 4X5
pair of Nashville 112's,,, Revelation pre-amp,,,Profex ll, Lexicon MPX 100, and WALKER PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS CHAIR.
Johnne Lee Ables

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2008 11:24 am     Geez, Joe!!! TWO Emmons LGs?

Joseph V. Sapp wrote:
Johnnie:

its a wealth of information. super friendships, good pickin,,,,pedal steel,,, and even better things to come. no other place like it,,,,,sure hope to see you soon.

God Bless
Joe

Emmons Legrande lll, D-10, 8X7
Emmons Legrande ll , SD-10 4X5
pair of Nashville 112's,,, Revelation pre-amp,,,Profex ll, Lexicon MPX 100, and WALKER PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS CHAIR.

Thanks, Joe! I plan to get onboard this week!

See ya' there,

Johnne Lee