| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Show
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2008 4:16 am    

Have two days for our next show here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast- October 24 and 25th. Our Ffriday Nite Frolic has gotten too big for our fun at my home so we will move it to the VFW on Dedeaux Rd and be set up for the good times on Saturday.
Friday night will be sorta informal and we will play from can to can't. Starting around 7 pm till midnight I suppose. Admission fee of $5.00 will go 100% to the VFW to help them as they assist the service men and women and veterans in need, etc.
Herby Wallace has alred confirmed. The Friday nite frolic will be a good lead in to the Sat. show. I want more people to enjoy the Friday Nite as I have.
Billy Carr and his gang will be in house plus many more will inform me as the date gets closer.
Talked with one of our greatest players yesterday-Johnny Bonnvillian of New Orleans. He will do his best to be here and bring some of those very hot cajun players with him. (Johnny has influenced our most famous players -ie John Hughey, Jerry Byrd and others and a chance to hear this man play is worth any length of trip. Meanwhile, we are all prepaing to go to Scotty's. See you all there. My new cd will be out bu then also. Maybe I will have enough cash on hand to buy a quart of gas..Thanks to all you wonderful steel guitar friends.(Order Herby Wallace's new cd too).
Bill Stafford
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2008 5:47 am     Dssga

Hey Bill, I'll be down on Saturday. Thanks.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2008 10:43 am    

Bill.....will be checking my band schedule to see if it will permit me to be there. I'm hoping so, but work has got to be first.....as we all know, gas is still pretty high, so have to have priorities...looking forward, also, to getting a copy of Bill's new CD....if it's anything like his others.....wow.....you know it's gonna be a goodun. Oh, BTW, knowing that Herby Wallace is going to be there should give us all an extra incentive to try as hard as we can to make this next DSSGA extravaganza....on Fri. & Sat......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2008 3:05 pm     Deep South Show

Well, I am happy to announce that I will be back to Bill's show in October. I guarantee you that when Bill Stafford does a steel guitar show it will be first class all the way. I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2008 2:00 am     Great News Bill

Once again, our good friend, and fearless leader has put together, another, GOOD-UN !!!

And with Herby on the ticket, you just can't go wrong. And two nights and days......WOW!!!!

I'll be looking forward to the date, and I'll rattle the ole wildman's cage,(WAYNE GOFF). It's probably time for the cage to be cleaned anyway. Devil

Keep us posted on the line-up, Billy, if you talk to R.J., tell him to make sure he gets all that soreness worked out, (from the accident) before the show.

Sure hope you can make the show Hal !!! I'll also be looking forward to seeing yo smilin face, along with Billy Carr, Buck Grantham, Johnny Bonnvillian, and the list goes on and on.

I'm gonna start early, trying to convience Mike Hoover to come down and get that gumbo makin directions from R.J. in person.

See Ya'll There
Ben-Jamin O'Dell

Mike Hoover

Franklin, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2008 11:12 am    

If the price of gas keeps going down-------

My director of activities has an event in OCT, I will have to see just when it is and maybe I can work around it. Sure would like to be there....

later

Mike
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2008 1:39 am     Director

Well Mike:

We certainly would enjoy you presence. Refer to the email I sent earlier this morning. Look at the line about all the extra activities I experienced trying to get my grass cut, and it'll dawn on you, how much you'd be appreciated. I can think of several reasons.

But laying all that aside, I know you wouldn't want to miss out a seeing Herby. And,,,, Ms Mickey said tell you she might even give you her secret reciepe for that "PEACH PUDDIN". We'll look forward to seeing you.

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD-UN !!!!!!

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
(the other Benjamin F.)
Mike Hoover

Franklin, TN, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2008 12:02 pm     Carrot

Well there is another carrot waved in front of my nose.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2008 8:28 pm     Show

Bill always has a nice show for the DSSGA. You can bet as Ben says it will be a GOOD-UN. Jim
Ben Jack

Fayettevillle, Ar. * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 9:49 am     question

Hi Bill, if old Jerry Jaye shows up tell him I said howdy, I'll see you in St. Louis.
Royce Tarver

Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2008 1:07 pm    

Hi Bill; plan to be there o Sat. the good Lord willin'.
Royce
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2008 6:51 am     DSSGA Show

T - T - T.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2008 2:14 am     DSSG show cancellation

Sorry to report that our Oct 24, 25th show has to be cancelled due to building committments at the VFW. Will inform you all should we be able to locate another place. Sorry for this very much.
See a lot of you in St. Louis, I hope.
Bill Stafford
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 27 Aug 2008 3:25 am     Awh Phooey !!!!

CURSES,,,,,,,,FOILED AGAIN !!!!
Never fear folks. Uncle Billy will find a new home for the show.

That's sad. I was really looking forward to the date. It may be a good thing though. I just found out yesterday, ole Mike Hoover is scheduled to be in New York on that date, and wasn't gonna be able to make it.

To Ben Jack: Ole Jerry Jaye monitors the forum. You go ahead and post yo howdy in this link I'll make sure it's brung to his attention.

Keep us posted Billy and have a safe trip to St Louis. Give Ms Bette a special hug for me. Sure wish I could be there with you.

Ben-Jamin O'Dell
Ben ODell

Post  Posted 28 Aug 2008 3:29 am     Bump

Bump