| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ozark Steel Guitar Pickers Show
Jeff Sunstrom

Boone, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2003 8:23 am    

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to find out about the 2 Bi-Annual shows that Terry Bethel puts on every year in Branson? The web sight has a problem and won't open!Tryed to e-mail Terry Bethel which I know he's very busy with his schedule. So any help would be appreciated.

Regards Jeff Sunstrom
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2003 9:30 pm    

Jeff, I was waiting for someone who knows more about it than me to answer you but it
seems that they might have missed your question. I believe that I read somewhere that these jams were not going to be taking place for at least a while. I don't believe there is one scheduled as of now but maybe they will start up again in the future. That is all I can tell you.
Jerry
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2003 2:17 am    

I am not sure about the July steel show, which has been held at the Baldknobbers Theatre here in Branson the past few years. Tom Brumley hosted the show that would have been last sunday at the 76 Music Hall. As you may have heard, Tom and the Brumley show have left the 76 Music Hall and last I heard he was moving away. There is going to be a dog and cat show in their time slot! PPPPPUUUUU. They just refurbished the theatre and it looks and sounds wonderful, but I can't imagine what dogs and cats need with a newly carpeted stage with $50,000.00 worth of sound and lights!!!!! ???????
I still perform with the Bacon family on Sundays at 76 (now called the Grand Country Music Hall). Come see us.
As for Terry Bethel's show in July, I really haven't heard anything yet. Since Mel Tillis has also left town, only to appear at the Grand Palace occasionally, I could understand why the show might be on hold with Terry constantly out of town. Maybe he will schedule it when Mel is in town, or when they have some time off from the road.
I really don't know.
I will try to find out something and let you know.
God bless,
Michael T.

------------------
UTILITY MAN PRODUCTIONS
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE,
'85 DOBRO 60DS, '95 DOBRO F60S,
'95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1955 FENDER TRIPLE NECK STRINGMASTER. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger