| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MASGA JAM SET FEB 1/2-Wilson, NC
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2003 5:38 pm    

We were able to get a good location for the next Mid-Atlantic Steel Guitar Assn jam in Wilson, NC and were able to obtain the dates of Feb. 1-2 (Sat. and Sun); mark these dates down; newsletter editor Ed Shoemaker will follow with the details, but the format follows that or previous Fayetteville jam! Contact me if I can help; hope to see a bunch of steelers here!!!!
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 5:08 am    

Looking forward to it Bowie
Shoe

Richmond, KY USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 5:53 am    

Thanks Bowie, for sponsoring another MASGA Jam. Your events are always great. It sounds as if we are moving up town, eh Clubhouse Drive that is. For those who need directions and particulars, see http://www.masga.org
This jam starts on February 1 at 10am until 10pm and on February 2 at 10am until 5pm
Lots of pickin for all who want to join in the fun. See you there!
Shoe

------------------
Edwin G. Shoemaker
ZB Custom D10 8/5
'75 Session 400 w/JBL Session 500 w/BW

Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 7:47 am    

Hey great that there is another Steel Jam in Willson. Bowie will do a excellent job I'm sure as he does at Bill Ellis Convetion Center.The only thing that Bothers me is that I will be leaving for Arizona January 30 and won't be back until February 27th 0r 28th. Darn I would love to make this show as I have inproved on the steel a lot.Just watch out for Ray Walker on that nice Black Emmons he now has he will blow your socks off when you hear how much he has inproved. He does a great Job every Friday night at Robert McGee's place in Smithfeild. Wooooooeeeeeeee Skip Mertz sits in on steel when Ray and his wife Debbie are up singing. Wow what a great job Skip does on lead and the steel.
Wish I could be there darn.
Sam White

[This message was edited by Samuel E. White on 08 January 2003 at 07:51 AM.]

Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 4:44 pm    

Thanks Bowie,
Count on me both days. We always have a great time in Wilson!!!

------------------
Dekley 8/4 (1984)
ShoBud Professional (1969?)D10 8/4

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 6:34 pm    

Bowie!!!
It looks like I will be Able to Attend this one . sounds like it might be a fun time
Ray maby I will make this the weekend I come spend with you and pick your brain for some of those hot licks
see ya all in feb
BOO
Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2003 9:28 pm    

Hi Bowie: A great big (THANK-YOU) goes out to you for your support of the MASGA! We all appreciate you coming forth again to promote another Jam for all the Members and friends that love the steelguitar. I definitely will be there to help you do anything that needs to be done. I know we will have a good turn-out, as everyone is ready for a Jam since the holiday season is now over! We will help get the word out to promote the Jam.
I would appreciate anyone reading this to notify your steelguitar friends that do not have a computer and give them the information about the Jam on Feb 1st and 2nd in Wilson NC.

Thanks again Bowie!
Ken Latchum
President MASGA

[This message was edited by Ken Latchum on 08 January 2003 at 09:31 PM.]

Kenny Dail

Kinston, N.C. R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2003 9:41 am    

I plan to be there. Lets have 3 cheers for
Bowie. He certainly is to be commended for his special efforts and support of the MASGA. Wish we had more like him.

him hip hooray hip hip hooray hip hip hooray

------------------
kd...and the beat goes on...

[This message was edited by Kenny Dail on 09 January 2003 at 09:45 AM.]

Ray Walker

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2003 2:33 pm    

Oh my Oh my looks like it's shapin up to be a fun time but....you guys gotta knock this stuff off about me playin good steel cause it's only gonna serve to embarrass me and you when I play. And you know how I get an upset stomach when ya put pressure on me (hehe)Boo I have the shop ready for ya when ya come down. That's where you're sleepin (hehe) You gotta see this new wood I got today for the next steel cabinet..awesome. Went down to the coast today and picked up some prime birdseye...some bloodwood...and Jack Palmer was with me and wants his body made from Leopardwood...you gotta see it... We'll be cuttin it this weekend. By the way... Jack Palmer has never been to a MASGA jam and says he will be at this one. He's a really fun guy to be with. I really am looking forward to pickin a little with you all. And Bowie...thanks for not given up when most would have. You're a good man. Will see ya in Wilson.

God Bless

Ray Walker
Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2003 3:39 pm    

Great News!

I am looking forward to it! I encourage everyone to come out and join in the fun!

Best Wishes for 2003

Jerry
Skip Mertz

N.C. (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2003 8:02 am    

Thanks Bowie for taking the bull by the horns
Will be there to do whatever I can.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2003 6:52 am    

I'm sure going to miss this great event Darn. I can't cancell and wait a few days as we have to stop by for a couple days in Tenn. to see some good freinds and then stop by to see Bobe Seymour and then on to Arkansas to see my sonfor a few days and then on to Arizona for a couple weeks and do all the same stops on the way back.Sure going to miss being there and sitting in.
Sam White
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2003 4:42 am    

^^^^^^^^^Bump^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2003 10:03 am    

I'll be there both days unless a gig comes up for the Saturday night in that case I'll be there Sunday for sure.........JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and the Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2003 3:22 pm    

Ya'll be glad to here that T won't be around to make waves due to soulder Surgery on the 22nd (left sude) and then again maybe in July for the Right shoulder..so I wish you all well in you're endevors.
Grouchyvet...with no place to go
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2003 6:04 pm    

I just spoke with Ken Latchum and Bowie Martin today and I will be coming to this show in February. I'm looking forwarda to being there and getting to see all my buddies from that area and I will also be sitting in on some of the jams, so you guys be easy on me.

I will also have a table set up with my products.

I was also asked to do a question and answer segment during the show which I will be happy to do. I don't promise to have all the answers, but I'll give it my best shot.

I hope to see all of you there.

Herby Wallace

------------------
Ken Latchum

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2003 3:55 pm    

Its bump time!!
Bowie Martin

Wilson, NC USA 27896
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2003 5:55 pm    

We have a load of steeler's that have already said they were coming: Herby Wallace, Larry Hyde, James Matthews, Ken Latchum, John D. Williams, Glen Lanning, Ray Walker, Skip Mertz, Ed Shoemaker, Hank Willams (yep, thats right!), Kenny Dail, Clyde Mattocks, Boo Miller, Floyd Parker, Jerry Flemming, Jerry Hayes, and the list goes on. Hope we have breathing room!! Its going to be fun; let me know if you plan on attending and we do not have your name yet...
Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2003 6:44 pm    

Rick McDuffie of Tarheel Music fame here! I'm planning to be there on Saturday morning with a couple of Nashville 1000's and some of the last remaining new PX300's. If you're interested in getting one of these PX300's, drop me a line asap. Got a gig that night, and church the next day, but I'll be around from 10 a.m. until 3-4 p.m.

------------------
Rick McDuffie
Debbie Elam Band/Tarheel Jazz Q-tet
www.tarheelmusic.com

Jimmie Brown

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2003 7:32 pm    

bump
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 15 Jan 2003 4:01 am    

Well...Well.. Rick...glad to see you're finally gonna speak up around here. Don't forget to bring that new Axe of yours and pick a little.

Ray
Shoe

Richmond, KY USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2003 9:03 am    

^^^^^^bump^^^^^
Rick McDuffie

Benson, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2003 5:39 pm    

As you know, Ray, I'm just a chord-and-fill man. Subtlety is my game I'll leave the solos to you hot pickers, but I'll definitely have an axe there on Sat.

Rick
Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2003 3:01 am    

What The............???
Did someone let ray walker out of his cage again? Oh Goodness this looks like it is shaping up to Be a hoot of a jam. cant wait to pick a tune with herbie
See ya"ll there
Boo
Ray Walker

Post  Posted 17 Jan 2003 3:37 am    

Yea Boo... I can't hardly wait....Get down here early that Friday so we can do some work in the shop. Oh, by the way folks... Boo will be unable to play that weekend with us. You see he will be working in the shop and if he plays with the saws like he plays with that steel....well I just know he's gonna draw back a stub at some point. Never fear though... because we are gonna give him lots of drugs and then "prop" him up behind his steel and just play Lloyd Green cd's. We're gonna attach strings to his hands and pull em once in a while and it will look like he's really playin. Sam.. you got anything you wanna add to this????(hehe)
Yessiree it's gonna be a blast folks...

Ray Walker
'71 S-10 p/p Emmons
Mullen D-10
4 steel bars
1 thumb pick
1 finger pick (yep..lost one)
1 ice pick
1 pair of tennis shoes for playin
1 case of beer
Oh and I got a new PA system (500 watts)that I'm gonna play through cause some of you guys said you couldn't hear them "sweet" licks I was playin last time.

[This message was edited by Ray Walker on 17 January 2003 at 03:39 AM.]