| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wikipedia entry on Buddy Emmons- need your help
Dave Magram

San Jose, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2008 1:55 am    

I have just posted a Wikipedia entry for Buddy Emmons, as a small token of my appreciation for the many hours of enjoyment that Mr. Emmons has provided so many of us.

I welcome all of the help you all can provide--first on correcting or completing the information I have been able to gather about Buddy's life and career. I am sure that folks like Mike Cass, Ernie Renn, Herbie Steiner, and many others of you have a lot better information than I do, and I appreciate your assistance in improving the entry.

Second, I would love to post a picture or two of Buddy--I particularly like the pensive photo on the www.buddyemmons.com website. I had the honor of meeting Peggy several times, and I'd love to post a photo of her, if Buddy approved. However, I do not want to post any pictures of Buddy or his family without his permission.(And it is against Wikipedia policies.) So if any of you can ask Buddy for permission to post some photos, I'd be most appreciative.

And lastly, as you may notice, I'm a complete novice at Wikipedia--this is my first attempt. If any of you with more Wikipedia experience can help me clean up the entry page, I'd be most grateful.

To find the entry, simply go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Emmons

Thanks, Dave
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2008 12:03 pm    

Dave,

I have just completed reading EVERY word on your wikipedia site. I commend you for what you have done. It was excellance in a straightforward, yet very informative way.

I saw NOTHING about it that would not be of interest to all who want to know about such things.

May Jesus bless you for what you have done. The whole world knows how I feel about Buddy. And I never tire or get enough about him. So I thank you.

The loss of Peggy last December has been quite a traumatic time for Buddy. He needs our prayers I am sure. I personally love him like a brother. May our Lord bring him comfort in this difficult time.

Thanks again friend,

carl

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2008 12:41 pm     correction

After a quick glance, the most obvious "blooper" I see is in the "Half A Mind" info,,,instead of (to love you) it should be (to leave you).
Dave Magram

San Jose, California, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2008 7:49 pm    

Carl, thank you for your kind words. I agree, Buddy Emmons is absolutely "one of a kind"!
Speaking of Peggy, until I did the research for the Wikipedia entry, I hadn't realized that she and Buddy were married for 40 years!

Bobby, thank you for pointing out my error on the title of that great Roger Miller song--I've corrected it.

Now who can help fill in some missing personal information:
What was the name of Buddy's first wife?
When did they get married?
Did they have other children besides Larry?

One 1999 article states: "Married for more than 32 years, Peggy and Buddy have five children."
Assuming these include Larry, Tammi, and Buddy Gene--who are the others, and who were their mother(s)?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Dave
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2008 3:24 am    

Mr Magram
Some of the info you are looking for can be found here http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=139003
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,