| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank You Bobbe Seymour
Karen Lee Steenwijk

Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2008 5:19 pm    

Bobbe I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a wealth of information on the forum as well as on YouTube.
I picked up where I left off a couple years ago and your information on both web-site's has helped me tremendously.

Thanks to you I'm finally working on chord progressions.Ron got me the Winnie Winston book and it helped me a lot....but not as much as your advice did.

I love the steel guitar(and starting out with a Nashville LTD)but in the near future I definitely want a new one.That will be a D-10 because I also like to learn C6.

People that want to learn licks, slants, chord progressions etc etc, definitely have to watch the video's that you put on you-tube.
And if it is not to much to ask Bobbe.....keep um comin'.
I love your playing.

Karen Kaylee
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 12:44 pm    

Just saw this post and must say that I truly appreciate your comment, and for you to post it on a public forum is even more appreciated.

I'll continue to post what the steel players the world over want to know and learn Karen, making good steel players even better is my greatest wish if I possibly can.

I teach steel players how to play music on their steel guitars, not just a series of formerly played licks.

Keep me posted as to what you'd like to see me youtube,
And thank you again Karen, tell Ron hello!

Bobbe Seymour
Ron Wright

Modesto,CA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 12:48 pm    

I'd like to ditto that thx i look forward to thursdays when your posts arrive ......Ron W
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 1:20 pm    

Karen,

Oh Jeez now you've gone and done it! He won't be able to put his hat on now Laughing

Just kidding Bobbe. Karen speaks for me as well. The steel guitar world owes you a huge debt of gratitude for your efforts.

rc Smile

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 7:23 pm    

I'll just get a haircut so my hat will contiue to fit! Y'all are appreciated at least as much as you seem to appreciate me. Very Happy

Bobbe
Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 9:57 pm    

Bobbe, love your videos. I try to do one every couple of days. BTW, do you tune a little flat in the videos? Seems like whenever I play along I always have to move down a fret. I don't think my Peterson tuner is on the fritz, buy maybe...
Stephen Winters

Scobey, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 5:31 am    

I would also like to thank Mr. Seymour. He probably does not know me from Job's turkey...but...If it were not for him, I don't know I would be right now on steel. I bought my Sho-Bud from him in 2004, as well as my seat, amp, and volume pedal. I also have most of his instructional videos.

Like he said above, he not only shows how to do particular licks, but he teaches you about music, being in a band, what each band member is supposed to be doing, etc. He is a great asset to our steel community.

I used to visit his store at least once a year, but have not been able to get there the last couple of years. Hopefully I will get back up there soon.

Thanks Mr. Seymour.
Bob Bowden

Vancouver, BC, Canada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 6:10 am    

I've only talked to Bobbe on the phone once. He was a wealth of knowledge and a great help at the time. I also enjoyed his unique way of answering the phone. Bobbe, PM me if you want a reminder of how you answered the phone.
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 6:29 am    

It just doesn't get any better than free lessons on the Internet from a master player! Cool
Joe Drivdahl

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 9:53 am    

I want to contribute my two cents worth too.

Bobbe, I think you have done more for the steel guitar community than anyone previously. Of course, the Internet has made your job easier than previous players and contributors, but still, I know you are a busy guy and for you to use your valuable time to post lessons on YouTube is really greatly appreciated, especially for a guy living in podunk Montana where finding a steel guitar is about as likely as finding a Rolls Royce.

Thanks Bobbe!!!
Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 12:54 pm    

Bobbe Seymour said:

Quote:
I teach steel players how to play music on their steel guitars, not just a series of formerly played licks.

Well, my friend, you have your hands full with me.....maybe it's because I just have not purchased the RIGHT axe yet. I am sure that you can help me with that.....at least you always have been able to in the past! The Sho-Bud is so pretty, I just have to show it off to everyone.....no time to play it (hardly). However, the Emmons p/p is still my favorite. Who knows, I may need another....perhaps a black one this time.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

The Benster
Pete Walthall

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 2:45 pm     yourtube

bobby just saw you on yourtube very uncomley good great stuff.ive bought two guitars from you .guys bobby will treat you right Laughing
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 5:47 pm    

Bobbe, When you can, Do a video on West Coast Style. Very Happy
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2008 6:09 pm    

Bobbe Seymour is treasure to the Steel Guitar Forum and the Steel community. No doubt about it....al.Smile

My Email.. almarcus@cmedic.net
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus
KENNY KRUPNICK

Grove City,Ohio
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2008 6:16 pm    

Al, I'll second that! Very True.A man with a heart big as the all outdoors. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2008 2:46 pm    

Yeah, I will go along with all that has been said about the man. However, now he wants to go out west and learn to fly a Russian MIG!! Whoa!
Bobbe, you are and always will be, THE MAN!!
Say, why aren't you in the Hall of Fame yet???
Oh thats right, one must make a large donation in order to get in. Guess we will have to start up a collection to get you considered! Whoa! Maybe if Rittenberry makes a large donation it will get you in. It works for some people. What a crock of.%$#*!!

Wally