| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Slyde-Cars (& other 'Gizmos' , updated, 6-7-11)
Dale Hansen

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2008 9:50 pm    

The newest posts begin near the bottom of this page.(Please scroll down for updated info)

Pictured below, is another view of that 'Stabilizer' I mentioned in my reply note to David. (below)
There is a bit more of an explanation about it on the #3 "More goodies" video here > http://www.youtube.com/user/Goodnooz4U

Thanks again,
DH

Last edited by Dale Hansen on 7 Jun 2011 8:33 am; edited 12 times in total
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2008 10:46 am    

Now, tell us about that little gizmo that is holding the tuner.

Lee
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 27 Jul 2008 12:20 pm    

That's just a simple little hook Lee.
It's made from the 1" band material, and just hooks over the lip of the side.
Velcro is holding the tuner to it.

It's just kinda handy to have right there. I only need it to tune my top "E", and top "C" down below, so that little feller is just right.

Also Lee, I was glad to hear that you rode out the storm pretty well. At least you, and your family weren't hurt. (or worse)
One tree, and a fence isn't too bad, considering what all it might have taken.

DH
Ned McIntosh

New South Wales, Australia
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2009 3:54 am    

My "Slyde-Car" and "Pup" arrived in the mail today and I took themn straight to a jam-session at the local country music hall.

They really work well! Attach straight to the guitar, picks, tuning-wrench and bars all secured, readily accessible and not sitting in between the necks where then can ding or scratch your expensive finish (of course, if you have a formica-covered guitar then these sorts of issues don't exist, right?)

Dale suggested the "jewelled" (engine-turned) finish would go well with my Carter, and he was absolutely right...they look great.

The elastic straps really work well too...just strap everything in and store as required. I don't have a pack-a-seat so I wrap my Slyde-Car and Pup separately in a soft cloth and keep them in the builder's bag in which I carry all the gizmos, cords, tools etc for my steel.

I highly recommend these handy little items. Neat, well-made and practical. Thanks, Dale, for a good idea which is genuinely helpful.
The steel guitar is a hard mistress. She will obsess you, bemuse and bewitch you. She will dash your hopes on what seems to be whim, only to tease you into renewing the relationship once more so she can do it to you all over again...and yet, if you somehow manage to touch her in that certain magic way, she will yield up a sound which has so much soul, raw emotion and heartfelt depth to it that she will pierce you to the very core of your being.
Lee Baucum

Post  Posted 7 Jan 2009 8:52 am    

I've had my Slyde Car for quite a while now. I love it. The way it's constructed out of metal, it will easily last a lifetime. Also, no moving parts to break. Hats off to Dale for making such a great product.

Lee, from South Texas
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2009 9:30 am    

Hi Dale,
Will your Volume Pedal Mounts work with the Hilton as well as the Goodrich pedals? In other words, if I had one of each, or had one brand and later went to another brand, the same set of mounts would work on either pedal?

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2009 2:16 pm    

I have one of the "slyde-car" bar and pick holders and I love it.....thanks for a great product, Dale. Hal
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2009 10:22 am    

I have 2 Sylde-Cars. I love 'em.

It's so great to always have my bar and picks in the same spot everytime I sit down at my steel, Also, thanks to Dale, my volume pedal doesn't move around too. Best of all, Dale is a great guy and an absolute pleasure to do business with.

He's a pro pedal steel guitar picker too! Cool

Hey Dale... Due to inflation, my next compliment (about your playing) is gonna cost you 10 cents Laughing
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2009 10:28 pm     Thanks fellas (Ned, Lee, Chuck, Hal, & Danny)

This is sort of embarrassing.
I still do drop by the Forum every so often to see whats happening, but it's been a pretty fair while since I've posted.
(August Embarassed )
I got quite a surprise this evening when I discovered some new tracks in the snow leading up to this old thread.
I hope you all had a very good Christmas and are having a great New Year.

Ned, it's been a pure pleasure on my part, you're my very first "Aussie" customer. Thanks again, and keep in touch.

Lee, and Hal, thanks to you both.

Danny, if your offer is still good,... I'll take a dollars worth.
(Thanks for the last batch of freebies.)

Chuck: Yessir. My mounts will work well with either pedal, (Goodrich or Hilton) and possibly a few others.
My primary concern is that the mounts fit the guitar,... first and foremost. The VP should retain the solid feel, and natural position of a free standing unit, but with this 2 piece mount system, adds the convenience of the fixed position, and the ability to move the guitar with the VP attached.
All I really need is three measure points off your guitar, and your choice of finish.
BDG Mount photo 1
BDG Mount photo 2

Below is a Slyde-car unit with the "engine turned" finish that Ned mentioned.

Take a peek at > Ned's guitar
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2009 12:08 pm    

I really like the idea that your BessDang volume pedal mounts are not only universal between Hilton and Goodrich pedals, but they also allow you to position the pedal at a bit of an angle so it is more natural and more comfortable. So Dale, with that I'm gonna order a set of those please.

I would also like to order one of your BessDang Pak-Rak music stand/holder. I would like a "double one", or maybe it is just a matter of ordering two?? I basically need one/two that will support a small binder/notebook as well as single sheets.

And, I would also like to order one of your BessDang Slyde-car units.

Please include some BessDang Picks-E-Dust also.

Dale I'll send you a separste email with the measurement specifics for my particular GFI U-12.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2009 1:10 pm    

Chuck, I enjoyed the phone visit today, thanks again for calling. You can just drop me a line with the mount measurements at your convenience; I'll get started on your other items asap.
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

Post  Posted 14 Jan 2009 10:42 am    

bump for a great guy!!

-Chuck
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 11 Apr 2010 4:48 pm     UPDATE: 4/11/10 Products, and availability

(4/11/2010)
I've been out of touch, and away from the Forum for awhile, and for that I do apologize.

My current production line consists of Slyde-Cars, in either ST standard tray width (snugly fits a standard 7/8 bar), or the XW for larger bars.
They are available in two finishes:
("Jewelled", (aka) engine turned)

(Satin finish)

These units are pre-sized to fit most D-10, SD-10's. (Maximum 11 in.as measured below)

Units for S-10's, and other smaller framed guitars will be built upon request. SC units for larger framed guitars (Sho-Buds) will also be built upon order.
In stock currently:
2 ST Satin finish
1 ST Jewelled finish
1 XW Satin finish
1 XW Jewelled finish
2 ST Mirror polished (discontinued)

I'll continue to post more stock units here as they're built, and become available.
Also, the custom fitted VP mounting system (shown below) will be available upon request.

My old Gizmo email address has expired.
The new (current) email is spur148(@)gmail.com, or click the little email thingy below.
(or) call (615) 618 0776.
Thanks,
Your pal,
Dale Hansen
Hendersonville, Tn
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 8:44 am    

Hopefully, and very shortly, I will have a short demo video posted up, which will feature the custom fitted VP mount system, and the Slyde-Car.
The video will help illustrate the features, and answer a few questions.

The VP Mounts, are still a custom order basis directly through me, but the Slyde-Car units can now, also be ordered through Bobbe Seymour, at SGN, If you, personally, think that I am too annoying to deal with.
(See 'Accessories'-> Bar holder)
http://www.steelguitar.net/

Your pal, Dale
(Equal Opportunity Annoyer)
David Biggers

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 9:18 am    

I am interested in the Volume pedal mount but I missed the price.
I really need one of these. I could not use the Goodrich mount because I play with my pedal cocked to one side. Also if you have ever played on a plywood stage you spend all night chasing the pedal and trying to keep it out of you pedal bar.Man they can do a job on the pedal bar. I spend all day sanding and buffing mine last month just to discover another scratch from the VP pedal last night..
How much please and payment instructions also???
I want one if the price is right.
I hope you can take a Paypal payment.
Thanks
Howard Hughes

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 1:16 pm     Slyd-Car

HAY DALE,

WELCOME BACK TO THE FORUM, BUDDY Exclamation

DALE PRODUCES ONE OF THE FINEST BAR HOLDER AND ASSORIES IN THE WORLD, AND THE PRICES ARE RIGHT Exclamation

AND IS A REAL PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH Exclamation , GIVE HIM A TRY YOU WILL LIKE WHAT YOU ORDER Exclamation

THANKS, FOR LOOKING Exclamation, ♫Howie♫
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥

Last edited by Howard Hughes on 25 Apr 2010 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 1:46 pm    

Hi David,

Good talking to you on the phone today.
These mounts ought to easily accommodate the angle that you require for maximum comfort. (12-15 degrees)

Believe me, I do know a bit about sore and stiff ankles.
I should have a Pay-Pal account open within a couple of weeks.
Also, as you mentioned, if you are frequently playing on a slick hardwood floor, I've got another gadget that will help keep the guitar in place. It's a 'stabilizer' that will fit into your guitar case, along with the pedal rack. I'll post a pic of it (here) for you, when I get home from my gig tonight.
Thanks for your interest, & blessings.
Your pal, Dale
(615) 618 0776
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 1:53 pm    

Hey there Howard,

I just noticed your post, while putting up a reply to David.
Good to hear from you again.
Sorry,...I kinda went through a rough patch for about 16 months or so, and fell off the radar.
I really appreciate your kind words, and thoughts.
Drop me a line anytime, and please let me know if I can do anything to help you out.

Blessings,
Your pal, Dale
Lee Baucum

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2010 2:51 pm    

Hey, Dale! Welcome back.

I'm still lovin' my Slyde-Car.

Guys (and Gals) these things are great. No moving parts to break, all metal, built like a tank. When you're done for the night, slip the big ol' elastic band around it, slyde it off, and throw it in the pac-a-seat.

Click Here For More Pics

Lee, from South Texas
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 6:25 pm    

Hi Lee,
It's good to hear from you too, and thanks for the warm welcome, and the nice plug.

Last night, I played the first live gig I've done in over ten years. Time flies by.
I'm just now getting caught up in here; it was a fairly busy weekend.

Glad to know that you're still using your S-C.

Thanks again, & blessings
your pal, Dale
Howard Hughes

Roanoke/South Norfolk, Virginia - Now Living In Junction City, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2010 7:00 pm     Slyd-Car

Hay Dale,

Man, Sorry To Hear That You Had a Rough Time!,I Was Looking For You and I Sure Hope Thing's Are Better Now!

I Live Day By Day, Myself, I Had To Stop Playing Pedal Steel, and Just Play My Lap Steel That My Buddy, Andy Hinton (Coated Finger Picks Guy) Made For Me, and A 6-String Guitar, But Hay It Was A Good Ride While It Lasted, Bro Exclamation

It's So Good To Have You Back On The Forum Exclamation , Congrats, On The 1st Live Show in The Last 10 Years!, I Hope You Many More!, & Good Luck With Your Slyd-Car and Other Outstanding Product's Idea .

Welcome Back!, and And I Hope You Get To Stay Around For a While Exclamation , Have a Great Week Exclamation , Take Care My Friend, God Bless, Your Buddy, From The Land Of OZ-
♫Howie♫ Whoa!
Italia Maranello Gold Sparkle Guitar/6-string Lap Steel Guitar (LDG-Green)-Custom Made By Andy Hinton, (August 10, 1933 - July 3, 2011). "RIP My Friend!!", "I Think Of You Everyday & Really Miss Our Talks!!"/Coated Finger Picks By Andy Hinton/"KEEP ON PICKIN"/Blessings!/ "May You Always Have Love & Wealth To Share, Health To Spare and Friends Who Care!"/Your Fan & Friend - From The Land Of OZ - ♫Howie- "The Wizard"♫ ☺ ♥

Last edited by Howard Hughes on 25 Apr 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 25 Apr 2010 7:45 pm    

The three new vid's are up, as of today. A little sooner than expected.

#1 Introducing BDG -Covers the mount system (mostly)
#2 'Birth' of BDG - Covers the Slyde-Cars & some other extras.
#3 More 'Goodies' for GFI'ers - Covers the GFI nylon mods, VL 'kit', and a few other little 'cheats' I use.
You can see em' all right here > http://www.youtube.com/user/Goodnooz4U
Thanks again,
Your pal, Dale

(615) 618-0776
Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2010 3:17 am     welcome back

Dale welcome back my friend. I have bought several of Dales products and they are great products and a super guy to deal with. Hope everything is goinf well now for you. Keep up the good work. send me pone of those pedal brackets also. thanks
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

Post  Posted 26 Apr 2010 5:58 am    

Hi Dale, welcome back to the forum, you've been missed!! Great to see you're also playing again!! I'm still plugging along, still need to practice more than I do. But, I'm having fun with it, which is what matters I suppose. I checked out your videos and they are great! Very professional!! I have been thinking of you, just failed to pick up the phone or send an email. Forgive me, sometimes I get lazy.

Folks, I have all of Dale's products (except his latest invention the de-walker)and they are all very practical, moderately priced, and well worth the money. I especially like the Slyde-car bar and pick holder. Get one if you can, you'll love it.

-Chuck
Dale Hansen

Post  Posted 27 Apr 2010 7:29 pm    

Thanks for the kindness, and thoughts Dennis, and Chuck.

Chuck, in the second (middle) video, that's your guitar in one of the stills. (@ 3:40)
BTW, I hate to say it, but our guitars don't exactly 'match' anymore.

More pix over here > http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=182900&highlight=

I'll be gone for a few days, to a Pastors conference in Atlanta. I'll catch up with you again when I get back.
Good to hear from you,
Your pal, Dale