| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud round front single neck
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2008 6:21 pm    

I need the measurement from the bottom of the rear apron, straight down to the floor on a round front Sho-Bud single neck. Thanks.
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2008 8:28 pm    

The hieght you're looking for is adjustable and dependent on personal factors.

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2008 5:31 am    

What I'm looking for is the standard height of these guitars. I have one that seems a little low to me. If I remember right, the old Professional I had years ago had more room between the rear apron and my knees. I don't know if the single necks were the same height as the doubles or not.
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2008 9:02 am    

My daughter's '68 single neck Professional is
2-3/16" at the rear apron by the corner of the endplate. Same measurement on my '70 Professional is 2-7/8". On the SINGLE NECK, both front legs from the end plate to the end of the hand tightener(at the pedal bar) is 22-1/2". The rear legs are not true to this measurement on our particular guitar. These are original legs, as we are the second owner of this guitar.

The legs of my '70 Professional are replacements that came with the guitar when I bought it, so I can't say if they are the same measurement as the originals would have been.

In conclusion, yes, the actual body of the professional is deeper than the singleneck, and the single neck sits lower than my professional and feels different as a result. Also the singleneck makes you reach to the strings differently than the double neck. Hope this info is useful to you, Bob.
James Morehead

Post  Posted 21 Jun 2008 9:22 am    

Also want to mention, the rear apron on the double neck is 1/8" deeper than the singleneck. The singleneck rear shelf is 1/16" thinner than the back shelf on the Professional. Subtle differences like this make each guitar fit you as a player a little different, giving you a little different feel. So that could be why the singleneck feels a little lower to you.
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2008 3:06 pm    

James, Thanks for the response. This is my first single-neck Sho-Bud. I've had a fingertip, a Professional and a couple of Super-Pros during the last 40 years, and it seems like I had a little more leg clearance with them than I do with this one. I was just wondering if maybe the legs might be shorter than standard.
James Morehead

Post  Posted 22 Jun 2008 6:22 pm    

It's more than just the legs. Cool