| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jeff Surratt at Sho Pro Guitars
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 6:44 am    

Kudos to Jeff Surratt at Sho Pro Steel Guitars!!!

I needed a few small Sho-Bud parts and Jeff took care of my needs as if I had just ordered the most expensive
guitar available!

Courtesy, concern, attention to detail, and satisfaction....... delivered!

I'll go back again and again!

Thanks Jeff Very Happy

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 7:01 am    

I echo that sentiment

My S-12 universal ProII Custom needed some changes moved around. There are 35 or so pulls on ONE NECK, each with the old TWO POSITION BELLCRANK. Rodding and setup are a tough job. Jeff ran into a snag or two but kept on truckin' and got it done for a very reasonable fee. Plus, he's a great guy.

I will have a 12 string Show-Pro one day -- mark my words. Jeff Surratt is building one of the most attractive and well designed guitars I've ever seen.
Martin Weenick

Lecanto, FL, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 7:02 am     Jeff

I can go one even better. After machining two sets of end plates and standing in front of my mill for three straight days,(thats 4 plates) it came time to drill and tap the holes for the legs. I had never done this before and was very reluctant to do so because I didn't know the procedure. After a few phone calls to have some of the builders do it for me I couldn't find anyone who would do it. I realize there is not much money in that, and probably not worth the trouble. I then called Jeff and asked if he could do it. He was too busy but took the time to sit down and describe in detail the exact procedure and how to go about it. When Jeff was through I went to the mill and drilled and tapped the leg holes like I had been doing it all my life. He not only told me how, he instilled the confidence in me that I could do it. After so much work on the endplates I could just see myself doing something wrong and having to junk em and start over. I can assure you I will not forget that. Martin.

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 7:47 am    

Guys,I need to give him a call. You wouldn't have his number would you?
J.C.
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 7:54 am    

right here John : (615) 453-2371
http://www.showprosteelguitars.com/

i bought a SB LDG for a client in France from Jeff not too long ago
Jeff came up solid & was a real nice guy to boot
John Cox

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 7:56 am    

Thanks Very Happy
Tony Rankin

Land O’ Lakes, FL
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 8:31 am    

I've known Jeff for a number of years. He's a great friend and the Show Pro guitars he is building will make any Sho~Bud lover drool.

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 8:36 am    

I met Jeff and his lovely lady at the Dallas Show last March. He is a true gent. I intend to look over his guitars sometime.
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 9:28 am    

Jeff and Gloria are some of the classiest people you will ever meet.
Mike Cass

Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 1:46 pm    

Jeff certainely has a well-deserved reputation.
I saw TW's new Blue Darlin' out at the ShowPro factory and it was awesome to look at! The sound was sweet and clear.
Duane and Jeff had always taken care of not only repair or new guitar customers for years here in Nashville, but they were never to busy to offer help to another competitor, whether builder or repair person. Im glad to see that Jeff is continuing Duane's efforts to offer that assistance as well.
keep up the great work, pal!

MC
Jon Hyde

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 3:02 pm    

Count me in. Jeff has helped me one way or another with all of my Sho Buds, be it parts or just with advice. Jeff really knows his stuff and he is great to do business with.
Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 4:12 pm     Show Pro

Now you boy's don't bother Jeff too much or you'll detain him from finishing up my guitar. Laughing Smile No seriously,I am looking forward to getting my new Show Pro.I had talked to Jeff on the phone several times during the past couple of years and he and Duane both helped me with some ShoBud questions.I had the priviledge of meeting him and his wonderful wife Gloria in Dallas.They not only were taking orders and answering questions about Show Pro guitars,but they were working the GeorgeL' booth while the girls were in Germany,and doing a great job of it.I believe Jeff is not only carrying on a legacy that he and Duane started,but that he is also building a guitar that will live on just like ShoBud guitars have done.He's building a guitar that will continue to be in much demand long after people like you and I have departed from this life.
I had one friend of mine saying that going into Jeff's shop reminded him of going in the old ShoBud shop.The atmosphere and the courtesy.I'm hoping to go pick mine up in person when he gets it finished.
Antolina

Dunkirk NY
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2008 6:19 pm    

I've been to Jeff's shop several times and I can say without reservation, he's got a top notch facility and he's a gentleman all the way. Always ready to help be it a repair or advice over the phone.

rc

Sho~Bud 6139 3+3
Marrs 3+4

RC Antolina
Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2008 5:41 am    

I'm playing a mid 70s Pro II with the Marrs upgrade
and she is sweet. Jeff is a pro. Of course he learned
from the best.
Kevin Mincke

Farmington, MN (Twin Cities-South Metro) USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2008 10:38 am    

Yep, Jeff had everything I needed when I went to add the two additional right knees and LKV to my Pro I. Even an older style Grover tuner Very Happy and shipped the items directly to Bill at Williams to finish up Razz
As Mr. Cass stated about Jeff's well deserved reputation in the industry is a nice compliment to earn from someone like Mike.....sorta two peas in a pod Wink
Jerry Adler

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 7:36 am    

This is my first ever post on this site so I thought I might as well chime in on the man who sold me my first ever PSG. Jeff was great. He is super nice, will take all the time you need to answer questions, ships everything promptly, and does exactly what he says he's going to do. I would recommend Jeff to anyone thinking about his services.
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 8:14 am    

I agree, and thanks jeff for keeping our old classics going, i'm sure tooling is not cheap or easy to do.

Shermans Dale, PA USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 11:14 am     Kudos To Jeff

Yes Jeff is one great guy and a real gentleman. Had my Super Pro redone and it is awesome. Would be happy to do business with Jeff again, maybe a Sho-Pro D10 someday.
Regards,
Wayne Wallett
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 3:02 pm    

Jeff Surratt was Duane Marr's protege. Need I say more? Jeff Surratt builds one of the absolute finest looking and sounding custom shop pedal steels in the world. Birds of a feather flock together. Jeff Surratt is an eagle. When you talk to Jeff Surratt you will be treated with the same kind attention as Duane Marrs treated his customers. Top shelf individual, and his wife Gloria the same. Look at the list of pro players that play his guitars. They are destined to be classics.
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 8:03 pm     yes

Ahmen to all said above, he has helped me more than once, thanks to a very good builder one of the best.

ernie
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2009 9:39 pm    

Yes I have got quite a few Sho Bud parts from Jeff over the last couple of years for friends guitars and he was always top notch with his service, and is a lovely guy all round. I finally met him at Dallas last year and he is a gem.
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2009 4:00 pm    

I just want say that Jeff is top shelf in getting the parts to you . The parts are some of the best in my opinion . Keep up the great work Jeff . G.P.
Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2009 11:54 am     Show Pro/Jeff

Jeff is just finishing up my Show Pro as we speak, cutom black finish with pearl inlay...He is a first class guy & can't thank him enough,for all he has done for me...Can hardly wait to get the new guitar in the studio....Way to go Jeff....Ed www.myspcae.com/peeweecharles
Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2009 11:58 am     Show Pro/Jeff

.....oops, should wear those glasses www.myspace.com/peeweecharles