| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Guilty / w / an Explanation
Mark Decker

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2002 5:17 pm    

Jody,

I am a relatively new Member, and I've already discovered and enjoyed reading your posts.

quote:
I asked one guy this question,,,,Do you think my posts are too long???he said NO...I said what kind
of computer do you have,,,,he said,,I dont have a computer and walked away. true story.

That one had me laughing out loud!

All the best to you and your wife.

Mark D
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2002 6:02 pm    

Jody, a man once asked Abe Lincoln (who was taller than just about anybody else around!)

"Mr. Lincoln...how long do you think a man's legs should be?"

Ol' Abe thought for a second, and then answered..."Long enough to reach the ground!"

So, Jody, the next time sometime someone says your posts are too long...tell 'em you make 'em just long enough to get to the end of the story.

(Evelyn Wood never complained about long books, did she?)
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2002 8:21 pm    

Hi Jody, I love to read what you have to say
and please know that you and your wife and family are in my prayers. You seem like just the kind of person I would have liked to have had as a friend in this life. I guess it can never happen since we are so far apart in miles but maybe we can be on our computers. I can tell you have a wonderful spirit. I wish the best for you and your family. Oh, by the way I had just gotten a triple neck Fender three leg, short scale model when I heard Bud Isaacs play that "Slowly" lick. Ben Jack and I sent our Fenders to Springfield and had "Doc" Martin put pedals on them to get that great new sound. I sure wish I still had that Fender.
Jerry Roller
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 4:12 am    

hey Jody my friend!
I just want you to know that I fully understand how things are,and that I am thinking of you.
We are going through something pretty similar and it is fairly worrying....I dont want to go into details......but it shure dont make for ..."Have A Nice Day" !!!!!
Well I am trying to keep that Grin on my face but it gets a little hard sometimes...........but I have a few pretty good friends who know about it and help out quite a bit,just by being there.
Anyway......you know how to get to me should you need a friend!
See Ya...Tony
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 5:23 am    

Jody, I want you to know that I enjoy reading your posts very much. All that knowledge! I am envious in a good way! Please keep us up to date on everything.
My family is going thru a similar situation, not as severe, but we can relate somewhat to your current status. But, God has blessed us and our prayer is that he will continue to bless you and yours.
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 11:02 am    

Jody, lest you might still be entertaining any doubts, I am sure you must now fully realize and appreciate how many loyal friends you have out here in the steel guitar world...(if the above threads are any indication). Everyone loves and respects you, even those without a computer! All of us are praying for you and Marilyn, but in the final analysis, it must be left in God's Hands...Suffice to know you are both loved by so many. This expression of love and support will hopefully remain with you and prove to be of great comfort as you face whatever uncertainties may lie ahead. Luv ya pal!
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 12:25 pm    

Everyone who has known Jody Carver apparently feels the same about him as the posts above indicate.... for both his personal attributes and for his exceptional musicianship.

Radio transcriptions from Arthur Godfrey's national radio show from back when Jody was playing on that show, reveal that Godfrey obviously had a great amount of admiration and respect and even awe for Jody's fantastic steel-guitar playing. His unique style would be very difficult for anyone to duplicate...then or now!

Jody was responsible for a tremendous amount of national exposure and favorable publicity for the steel-guitar back when the instrument was virtually unknown except to the first generation of players, i.e., Murphy, Boggs, Speedy West, etc. How many steel-guitar players today have their portrait exhibited over an interstate highway?

Jody became a representative for Fender Musical Instruments Company and later an executive regional sales representative with CBS, rather than follow the path of a professional musician. His family gained from his decision......but the rest of us lost.

Jody Carver is not a name that will be forgotten...but it is a name that will grow in the appreciation of those who know him now, and to those who will learn later of his contributions to the music business in general, and for the steel-guitar in particular.

Hang in there Jody & Marilyn....as Casey says, we're not done praying yet! God may very well decide that he has more things for you to do before you go on to your ultimate reward.

Gene Jones

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 1:05 pm    

Andy Volk

Boston, MA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 5:01 pm    

Jody, everybody has said it all - Gene, with his particular eloquence. Jody, you're a national treasure, a poet laureate of the computer keyboard. I'm proud to call you my friend and i'm grateful for your kindness. You and Marilyn deserve only the best.

ps keep an eye on your pants
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2002 7:54 pm    

Jody, I wanted to send you an e-mail but you have no address listed. I just wanted to say that I live in New York City in Queens. I also notice you're good friends with Howard R. who I have never met but who I think lives pretty close to me and has mentioned that it might be nice to visit. Perhaps on some day when you are up this way, you, Howard, and myself could get together, jam a bit, grab some lunch, you could tell some of your stories, whatever. Since you're up this way quite a lot, it might not be too inconvenient. You can either answer me here, or just e-mail me. I don't check Events and Announcements too often, but I'll check up on this over the next couple of days. Regards .. Jeff
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2002 4:17 am    

Jeff, I will e mail you.

Andy,,I cant find my pants.

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 10 October 2002 at 02:59 PM.]

Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2002 8:19 pm    

Before I have to leave for a bit,,I want to thank each and everyone of you for the nice
comments and praise you have bestowed upon an
amatuer writer. I appreciate everyone of you.

I wished I could tell you all of what my book would consist of,,but the book wont be expensive and I dont want to cause a problem
with the publisher...so until then Thanks to all of you and especially to Gene (FENDER) Jones and George (FENDER) Keoki,,my mentors and advisors..

Goodbye for now,,,I'll be off for a few weeks
as Marilyn has to go for additional surgery.

Be well,,,I'll be back...I'll give you all a break for a while

The Knight Of Fender Tweed.

Jody

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 10 October 2002 at 09:34 PM.]