| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  phone burn comp
Lavelle Pierce

huntsvile,ar 72740
Post  Posted 28 May 2008 3:01 pm    

hello wiz lighting went to phone and burn comp i put a power supplies worked about 5 min and nothing . the question could it have damaged the hard drive ?i have another comp if i transfer hard drive from burn comp recond it would hurt the new comp.i would like to restore a lots i had on the other burn comp thanks
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2008 7:31 pm    

Lavelle;
You're better off taking it to a computer repair shop. There is no way for us to guess how much damage your components have suffered. There is probably a shop in Eureka Springs. Ask them to try to salvage your data from your hard drive.

A lightening strike that enters a computer case can take out every piece of electronics, or just particular items. The power supply has a fuse, but by the time it blows the voltage spike has already entered the case and passed through the power connector plugs to all disk drives and the motherboard.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 29 May 2008 2:49 am    

Many homeowners insurance policies will cover lightning damage. Check with yours as what Wiz stated when it gets a lightning hit it can take out the modem, power supply, motherboard, etc. Depending on what it damaged, and you get compensated from insurance, it may not be worth fixing and a new replacement may be the better option. Depending on how old it is, if you spend $$$ on repairing an "old" PC you will still have an "old" technology PC. For a litle more (or maybe the same) you can have a new technology PC.