| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Louisville Club Mtg.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2002 9:15 am    

Regular meeting of the Louisville Metro Steel Guitar Club....Sun. Sep 15..2 to 5 pm. Russell's Shed..Hwy.44W. Exit 117 off I65 Shepherdsville Ky.
Scheduled performers: Audie McQueary, Lawrence Underwood, Roy Hardaway.
Come join us to hear some fine pickin'.
Jerry O.
VP.LMSGC

Richard Plummer

nashville tennessee
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2002 3:00 pm    

Hello Jerry:Hmmm ineresting.I didnt know honestly how many steel players there were in Louisville.I was just up for there for 2 days on Monday and Tuesday.As usual I grab the yellow pages and look through the music section.I didnt see anything as far as music places that mentioned even selling new or used steel guitars. Good to see there are players in that area.
Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2002 8:14 pm    

Hi Richard, Trust me, Louisville has quite a few FINE pickers. I could give you a list of gooduns' that have been a major influence in my playing. They're a very tolerant bunch too, They would even let me play now and then. Actually, I really appreciate the Louisville club. Jerry, Tell Boogie and the rest of the guys hello for me and I miss them and wish them the best. Austin (formerly of Louisville)
P.S. One of the finest steel guitars on the market is built about fifteen minutes outside of Louisville. Got it's name from the "Derby" city if my memory serves me correctly.
------------------
Emmons S12, Peavey Nashville 400, Talent: Jesus Christ www.geocities.com/rt_hawker

[This message was edited by Austin A. Preston on 14 September 2002 at 09:34 PM.]

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2002 6:44 am    

Richard, there are some 80 or so members
about 50 are steel players. They come from the Louisville area, southern Ind, and south central KY. mostly, and I can think of at least a dozen players around here that are not club members. There are several little jamborees in the area that provide opportunity to play ... not much club work though.....
As far as a place to shop for steels or ....a few individuals dabble in trading used gear...but the Derby factory is the only place I know of that sells new [and the occasional used] and has accessories.
Austin, we miss having you and your brother Ron at our meetings....2 fine players...I'll say Hi for you. Good to hear from you.