| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North Texas Radio Station news
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2002 1:45 pm    

For those in North Texas, etc. there have been some changes to radio, for the better.

#1. 95.9 KYXS in Weatherford, TX has kicked up their signal. This means on Sunday's from noon - 5p you can catch Joe Bielinski's show at least to DFW airport, possibly Dallas. Used to be mostly western Tarrant County. Folks, his show is terrific. Buck Owens, Wynne Stewart, Price, McCall, Potter, Bush, locals, you name it. AND, lot's of steel instrumentals. The rest of the program times are pop-Country, except for daily afternoons where Dick Seigel does his show.

#2. 95.3 KHYI in Plano has kicked up their signal also. I'm catching it now in SW Ft. Worth. Their format is very alternative/Trad/TX Music format. NO POP whatsoever.

#3. 92.1 KTFW is still chugging along. Mike Crow in the AM show has lots of great stuff. Don Day and Jimmy Stewart from WBAP fame are on the air during the day. Another great station.

I've lived here for 18 years and I can't remember a better time for good, solid C&W music on radio!!!

Just my opinion.

Danny

[This message was edited by Danny Naccarato on 16 August 2002 at 02:47 PM.]

Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2002 9:45 pm    

If you can get it,KGVL 1400 in Greenville has the best traditional country that I can find. Their range seems to be about 50-60- miles. I get it good in Dallas,not quite so strong in Sherman and Denison area where I live,but still listenable.
Tony Farr

Madison, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2002 4:50 pm    

Danny would you happen to have or can you get the address and phone number for KYXS 95.9. The last radio list I have says it's in Mineral Wells with a P.O. number.
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2002 10:08 pm    

Tony, it's probably closer to Millsap, but here is the link http://www.theradioranch.com

Danny

[This message was edited by Danny Naccarato on 19 August 2002 at 05:43 AM.]