| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tabl Edit Help
Bill OCallaghan

Trenton, NJ USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 7:15 pm    

I recently downloaded a demo version of TablEdit (v2.65) to see if it would help me transcribe a piece of music to the appropriate PSG tab. I am finding that for two notes in unison, it is tabbing notes at different fret positions which would be impossible to play in unison. Is there an option to help it select the right string/fret to play the note at? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Bill
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2008 10:22 pm    

Quote:
...to see if it would help me transcribe a piece of music to the appropriate PSG tab.

TE does not transcribe notes into 'useable' PSG tablature. The result will be musically correct, but you will need to rearrange the tab to make it playable. The program does not know which fret, or which string you would like the tab to be placed on. On PSG there are many locations to play the same note, as you know. So if you enter the notes, you will then have to rearrange the tab to make the tune playable on your PSG.

For pedal steel guitar, the TablEdit program works best if you enter the TAB, and the notes will pop into place.
Bill OCallaghan

Trenton, NJ USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2008 6:03 am    

Thanks Doug, being new to PSG I was hoping that the generated tabs would help me with playing. Looks like I need to get better with my new instrument first.

Bill