| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hi..I have ISGA questions?
David Hartley

Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 9:47 am    

Scotty's web page is a lacking a bit of detail about the 2008 ISGA.. (thats unless I wasn't looking around enough ).. I was just trying to find out some info.. The link for the Millenium Hotel takes you directly to a booking page?

Can someone just clarify some things?

1/ Is the ISGA at the Millenium Hotel St Louis?
2/ The cheapest rooms when I enquired was Club Level King Bed at $180 plus tax? Thats unless I wanted slippers and night gowns and posh bath tubs & things and then it was $280. All sounds a bit posh! Is there a ISGA Rate?
3/ How far from airport is it? (ie..Is there a courtesy bus/taxi to the hotel?
4/ Erh? thats all the questions for now, unless anyone knows if LG, BE, or/and PF are there?

I am just thinking out loud here, Everyone asked have I been there, and no I haven't so was thinking about possibly checking it out this year perhaps..My kids would like another house party while I go away!!! David
Dennis Saydak

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 10:52 am     Re: Hi..I have ISGA questions?

[My kids would like another house party while I go away!!! David[/quote]

David, just a word of advice based on personal experience ...make sure your kids have a fire extinquisher handy while you go away (it's especially handy in the kitchen). Laughing
Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 10:59 am    

Mr. Hartley,
The show is at the Millinium..
The ISGA rate is about $80 or so, plus tax
The overflow hotel is the Drury, a block down the street But I have been told both are booked up..You might could get on their waiting list in case there are cancellations..
The airport is about 18 miles or so from the hotel.
There is cab service, and the rail car from the airport.The stop is downtown about 2 blocks from the hotel. I don't know about courtesy or other shuttle service.
You will enjoy the show as there will be some of the greatest steel guitar artists in the world there.
I enjoyed your playing in Dallas.
Lots of luck on your travels..
RP...'come on in'...
David Hartley

Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 11:16 am     Dennis

Thats sounds like you had a surprise when you got home then?..Was it a small pan fire or worse? David
Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 11:20 am    

Mr. Hartley,

I would agree with all the information provided by Rob Parker, above, with one exception. That is with regard to shuttle service, which I have taken twice myself - much more convenient than the "subway" system. Here is their URL: http;//www.transexpress-stl.com/Pages/airport.html
They have service available every 20 minutes. Schedule is posted on their web site (above). Round trip is $25 per person between the airport & major hotels downtown, including the Millennium. By the way I am NOT on their payroll!!

Good luck! Jim Harrison
Charlie Tryon

Glovertown Newfoundland, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2008 4:58 am     Hotel

David just got off the phone with the Drury and got a room King bed smoking told them it was for ISGC and it was 89.00 plus tax.

Charlie

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2008 11:45 am     Re: Dennis

David Hartley wrote:
Thats sounds like you had a surprise when you got home then?..Was it a small pan fire or worse? David

Fortunately, it was just a small pan fire. The grandkids tried to fry up some shrimp and got a bit of a surprise in the process. Fortunately no serious damage was done other than to their egos.