| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  drum patterns
Delvin Morgan

Lindstrom, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 3:20 am    

Are there any drum loopers with specific drum patterns, such as: Pretty Woman,Walk dont Run and Wipe Out, amongst others?
sonbone

Waxahachie, TX
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 12:46 pm    

I made a little program for myself that has drum patterns like you're talking about. Not for specific songs, but just several different patterns. Here's a link to download.

http://www.geocities.com/sonbone1/smrm.zip

Sonny

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2008 1:04 pm    

I have developed a huge library of patterns for personal use and still have do a few new ones when I run into a song with a distinctive drum part. Even an average drummer is under appreciated. Often the drum parts are as intricate and non-repetive as the other parts of the song.

In a pinch, if I can't program a complex song, I'll find a midi or BIAB version, and use my PC to drive the drum machine using only the drum midi channels. The midi tracks may sound bad on the computer but once they are used to trigger high quality samples, they can sound awesome. Many of them contain a lot of non-mechanical sounding nuances. So usign htis approach, there are hundreds of great sets of patterns out there.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger