| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Unknown Heroes Internet radio
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2002 11:29 am    

Steel Guitar Unknown Heroes will feature several new tracks hopefully by Saturday early AM ( the 29th ) My Cable Modem service has been down most of this week, maybe I don't pay enough ! I have received CD's from Eddie Harper,Frank Estes ,Mike Headrick and Vernon Hestor. All very fine CD's with plenty of great playing. I will also add a rough track that I did which I call Tele' Time which I just did on the Boss BR8 Digital Workstation that I just purchased. It's a Tele' tune with Steel solo's as well. I basically did this tune as my learning process for the BR8 recorder which I really like.

The Station is located at www.live365.com, search for "Steel Guitar" or visit my website for the hot link.
tp

Pedal Steel Guitar and a Telecaster..What a life !!

TPrior/SteelGuitarHomesite

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 28 June 2002 at 02:49 PM.]

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 29 June 2002 at 10:18 AM.]

Tom Diemer

Defiance, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2002 2:32 pm    

Tony,

Just visited your home web site. Nice playing!!
Everyone should check this out..

Tom
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2002 4:38 am    

Thanks Tom for the kind words. As of now, 8:30 am eastern time, almost all of the new tunes are up and running. The rest I will finish on Sunday AM. I am planning a weekly 1 hour show which features my favorite tunes from the radio show, I hope to do this in the next week or so and will advise of the show time and hopefully many will be able to tune in and listen to the show for a little bit. Probably a Sunday and the set will run all day. There is some great music on the station so give it a listen.

TP
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2002 4:10 am    

New tracks now running by Mike Headrick, Vernon Hestor, Frank Estes, Eddie Harris, Austin Preston and ...well..me . As I type, Mike Headrick's Steel Rails is playing, not to shabby I would say. Fine pickin' here by Mike as well as a real fine Telecaster solo.
Don't be shy, send in those tracks, MP3's, Waves, CD's or even Cassette's, yes even Cassette's !

"Daddy, whats a Cassette ? " "Why would they invent such a thing, why didn't they just use a CD or DVD?"

I would like to thank once again all who have taken the time to send tunes for the show. The show spotlights players from novice to vast experience, Rick Aiello's Indian Love Call ( no pedals ) to the Vandura's "In the Dark" to Jim Cohen "Deep In a Dream" and everything in between by some of the finest Steel Players to ever grace the airwaves,or rather cable wires in this case. It's a priviledge to sponsor this show with so many fine players with so much talent. By the way , this show on LIVE365 is rated #34 out of over 100 stations that play Country music, not to bad for a bunch of Unknown Heroes !

Please visit my website for more info...
tp

[This message was edited by Tony Prior on 30 June 2002 at 05:54 AM.]

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2002 6:09 am    

Another new track added today by Ron Preston, a solo tune with lots of feeling titled Always Chasing Rainbows, thanks Ron for sending it, it's really fine.
tp
Austin A. Preston

Haines City, Florida USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2002 6:49 am    

Hey Tony , Just heard my brothers cut, "Always Chasin Rainbows" a few minutes ago. The boy can pick. Great to hear it in the playlist. Keep up the good work.
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2002 7:31 am    

Two great Steelin' Brothers in the same family , Now that is the real deal..
tp
RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2002 1:11 pm    

Good Lord, Austin,
Stop...I'm turnning RED in Da Face!
Thanks so much, Guys, But I must say...
"Thank You,Lord, For allowing me to share my talent that You, Dear Lord, gave me as a young man in Church."
And, BTW, Folks, My Bro.,Austin Is ONE HOT PICKER, Not only on Pedal Steel, But Lead Guitar, and Fiddle, and Lord only knows what else, because I haven't seen or heard him play in quite a while.
He has been a BIG influence in my Life.
Love Ya, Brother,
Ol Ron
RON PRESTON

Dodson, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2002 3:50 am    

Just read the other post on the subject of who is "STEELING" the greenbacks from us "Little Folk" sos' we can just play our CD's and MP3's.....I guess it will come a day when we will hafta pay-up to 'SOMEBODY' sos' we can play "IN OUR OWN HOUSE'
Now THAT is SCARY.
All those years...(1959-to the present...GOD NEVER CHARGED ME A THING TO PLAY HIS WONDERFUL MUSIC) I guess he already PAYED IT ALL!
And, may I say..."Thank You LORD