| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Brown, still need a reply, first posted March 18th
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2008 4:10 pm    

Hello Mike, I contacted Peavey UK in Corby, and was enquiring about the new "neo" magnets for a 15" speaker. The switch board put me through to the sales department, and the person I spoke to had no idea whatsoever about those magnets. He then took my name and phone number and said he'd call "if" he found out anything on those magnets. Perhaps "you" could tell me if and when they will be available in the U.K. There are hundreds of steel players here myself included who have used Peavey products for years, and now have a desire to go lighter.

Micky Byrne United Kingdom www.mickybyrne.com
Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2008 4:27 pm    

Micky:

I think Mike is on spring break !! Cool
I have been waiting on a e-mail from
him for well over a week. He will show
up when all those college chicks leave
the beach. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2008 5:38 pm    

Mike was at the Dallas show, so he's probably having a break after the hectic weekend. (at the beach)
Laughing
Micky Byrne

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 1:08 am    

Thanks guys, I'll probably head for a beach too, trouble is it's freezing here and I'll be on my own Laughing Hey Paddy, many of my cousins are in Auckland, that where you are?? or are you on the south island ??

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 1:43 am    

Micky, the Neodymium magnet are very strong, they use them in hard drives, a small one the size of a penny can lift about 20 pounds in weight. I use one out of a hard drive to keep all my allan keys for the Sierra together . they should be handled very carefully as they can cause problems with pacemakers and will wipe your credit cards.
So they would be ideal for speakers , much lighter . JR
Micky Byrne

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 4:10 am    

Thanks John, I'll make sure when I eventually get one not to put my credit card near it....as to a pace/maker...haven't got one of those, only a new...well second hand used heart Laughing Laughing

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 5:13 am     Neo Magnets

Sorry Mickey, it takes about a week to play "catch up" after returning from the Texas Steel Guitar Convention. The BW neo will be available in the UK. However, I don't have a date of availablity. Corby could answer this. The item number for the BW neo magnet is #00560870.
Micky Byrne

Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 6:25 am     Re: Neo Magnets

Thanks Mike. Olli Haavisto contacted me with the same serial number and apparently delivery to Europe will be about 9 weeks, but it's a shame the magnet is megga expensive for the British £ pound. It is £118.50 which is approx $240 U.S. dollars. This is "before" Tax which adds another 17.5 % to the total price. I think we'll all have to give it serious thought at those prices for just a magnet, or go down the gym to muscle up for our existing 15 inch Black Widows Smile

Olli Haavisto

Jarvenpaa,Finland
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 7:01 am    

Yeah, those are the figures I got from the local distributor. 153 euros w/o tax, 8-9 weeks I think I`ll pass...
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 12:48 pm    

Hi Mickey -- I'm in Christchurch mate, the beautiful garden city in the South Island (The Mainland!!).
We've got the best Rugby team as well ha !!
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 10:09 am     $$$$

That's just the way the world works!
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2008 5:38 am     Re: Neo Magnets

Micky Byrne wrote:
Thanks Mike. Olli Haavisto contacted me with the same serial number and apparently delivery to Europe will be about 9 weeks, but it's a shame the magnet is megga expensive for the British £ pound. It is £118.50 which is approx $240 U.S. dollars. This is "before" Tax which adds another 17.5 % to the total price. I think we'll all have to give it serious thought at those prices for just a magnet, or go down the gym to muscle up for our existing 15 inch Black Widows Smile

A good job that you've got loads of money Micky. Laughing Laughing

I saw these magnets at the Dallas Show and they look like large circular heat sinks - really neat
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 28 Mar 2008 7:58 am    

Quote:
I think we'll all have to give it serious thought at those prices for just a magnet, or go down the gym to muscle up for our existing 15 inch Black Widows

I wouldn't waste too much time giving it serious thought. Just buy one. Or better yet, buy a couple. You won't find a better speaker, and it is always good to have a spare for another amp project!

You have a lot more than that in your guitar and amps. These Neos will last forever, so go for it! No need to quibble about the different currency exchanges.
BUY'EM
Winking
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2008 7:59 am    

Hey Micky, just keep your heavy magnets. My answer to heavy equipment problems has always been a handtruck.........JH in Va.

Post  Posted 30 Mar 2008 9:58 am    

Thanks Jerry....actually things are easier now since both my Nashville 400 and Evans fet 500 are in head/cab configurations Smile also my Carter case is on wheels now and I'm thinking of padded gig bags (Wheeled) for the body, for my old gal Sho-Bud Winking