| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hear the sound of the Springfield Guitar
James Kerr

Scotland, UK
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2008 2:42 am    

The song title is "Halfway to Paradise" recorded by Mr. Lloyd Green back in the 70s when he had the Sunburst guitar.

I haven't copied Lloyd's performance note for note, my view is by all means learn what the Masters do, but put your own stamp on it. Lloyd plays a stacatto middle eight, I play a melody.

I'm not a member of Youtube yet, so this is posted on my own page, there are no "pop-ups" Adverts or flashing things, just a black background, so you will have to put up with that.

Some numbers. The Driver is 67 years old, the Guitar is 30 years old, the Peavey Session 500 is about 20 years old, the Guitar Strings are 15 years old (they were on it when I put it away then).

I don't use any effects, the Guitar is plugged straight into the Session 500 and I tweak whatever knobs are left on that.

Being mindfull of a post elsewhere on the Forum, I have left a few imperfections on the recording in order not to compete with the Gods. I tried to get the Wife to do the Sha-la-las but she is not the same woman I married.

Hope you all enjoy and best wishes from Scotland.

http://www.kerrcastle.adsl24.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

James Kerr.
richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2008 7:27 am    

Nice tone on the Springfield Very Happy
See James playing it here
William Fraser

New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2008 2:31 am     Halfway to Paradise

Nice job ,Tony Orlando was 12 or 13 when he recorded that song ,it was a looong time between hits ,anybody know who wrote it ,I can't find my 45 of it? Bill Shocked