| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  question for mike brown
Larry Griffin

Rittman, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2008 6:43 pm    

mike Larry Griffin here i just got in from a gig an my nasville 400 is not performing well it plays alright an then all of a sudden its like someone squezzed the power out if it an this is with my steel an my stratocaster also an then all at once its like someone give it a shot an it just blast power is it a cap or something going shut im not much on electronics but would appreciate your input thanks
David Nugent

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2008 2:20 am     Nashville 400

Larry....What you are describing appears to be a common problem with the older 400 series. There are two effects loops on your amp usually labelled "pre gain" and "post gain". The jacks on the loops will become dirty over a period of time (especially if not used regularly)and cause occasional volume drops. You might try inserting short patch cords to bridge the circuits on both loops (send to return) and see if the problem stops. If so, it is a simple matter of having the jacks cleaned or just leave the patch cords installed.....Best of luck.
Terry Kinnear

Erie ,Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2008 6:17 pm    

Larry, I would highly recommend,you send your amp to Ken Fox, and let him put a mod kit ,and go over your amp, you"ll be sooooooo glad you did. I have a nashville 400, ken worked it over. man what a difference. My amp is awsome. tone is great.When i"m out playing, I don"t run higher than 2,on my volume.Ken is a great guy to do business with. I had it back in a week . I wont part with my amp. Love that amp now.Tk