| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Msa Resolution Conclusion!
smike

oakland, ca
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2002 1:59 pm    

this is a response to the following comment from wayne broyles:

Quote:
I have a feeling that 20 years from now you will still be ranting and raving about this.It's over whether you like it or not.Im not trying to start a fight with you,just telling you like it is,let it go.

wayne -

when you say 'ranting and raving' it disrespects my opinions, and reveals that you are responding emotionally, rather than with the facts in hand. clearly you have not seen all of the documentation on this matter.

maurice has, which is why he has not sued bradshaw... despite having two different attorneys send cease-and-desist-or-we'll-sue-you letters.

i have read the over 400 pages of documentation on this matter, including letters and emails written by maurice, his brother jerry, the victims, bradshaw, retcop, the state of nevada (where comstock mining was incorporated).

my overall feeling after having read this material... again, in all of the participants' own words... is that the people who lost money with msa were treated poorly... by maurice and his brother, and msa in general. it's really hard to come to any other conclusion.

that said, i have had the pleasure of meeting maurice, and sitting in the first row at the convention while he made playing look ridiculously easy. i am NOT saying he is a bad person... this is not an all or nothing matter, and it has nothing to do with whether or not he is a good guy or a good player.

maurice acknowledged that he tried to make a record to pay people back all those years ago, but this never happened. in fact, it would have faded away if it hadn't been for the hall of fame thing.

the fact that i, bobby lee, steve o'brien, frank estes and others feel that making things right by the victims is important is NOT the reason maurice and the new msa are even raising the victims' hopes that they'll finally get some compensation. whatever the reason (even if it's just good pr, rather than wanting to do right by people you have wronged along the way).

while maurice clearly feels he tried to do the right thing (stock certificates and other 'good faith' gestures), and the victims clearly feel victimized, how can anybody lose if the victims are finally made whole? the msa name can only be enhanced by removing the cloud that has hung over it for so lung.

that there ARE victims is not in dispute... especially by maurice, who has acknowledged their losses in letters, and with stock certificates sent as 'good faith' gestures.

that maurice, as the man who has always represented all things msa, is responsible, is also not in dispute. maurice has become msa, and vice versa.

the only question is whether he will apply the same grace and style to this matter that he uses when playing steel guitar.

i hope he will.

bruce linde
aka smike

p.s.: 20 years from now i will long ago have completed the 'history of msa' web site, which will include all of the documentation, correspondence, and emails on this matter... it's a fabulous subject, and it and the web are a perfect fit.

[This message was edited by smike on 03 June 2002 at 03:10 PM.]

slick

Calhoun Georgia
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2002 4:38 pm    

Smike,
First of all,you dont know what documentation
i have,or have read.Ranting and raving,maybe that was a little harsh and emotional.I meant no disrespect for your opinions but i
strongly disagree with your position on this
and anyone who is in agreement with you.
b0b,I dont believe that private negotiations
is saying its none of our business,its informing us that they are still negotiating
with some people.If it were none of our business,Reece wouldnt have informed us of that.

Wayne Broyles
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2002 4:41 pm    

I want to make it clear that Bruce is not clearly representing my opinions. I have a hard enough time expressing them without someone paraphrasing me.

What's important to me is the Forum. The outcome of the old MSA fiasco isn't really high on my list of "important things", if it's there at all. Sorry to disappoint anyone.

Wayne, let it go. I'm not going to argue symantics with you.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator

[This message was edited by Bobby Lee on 04 June 2002 at 07:54 AM.]