| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  C6th/B6th Pedal and Lap Steel Course
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2008 1:24 pm    

Hi Forum Members,

I have started doing a series of Pedal and Non- pedal steel guitar instruction on DVDs.

This course is different in that I broke down the song Steelin' The Blues into two completely different styles of playing. THere is alot of stuff available with this course.

I first play it all the way through, talking and showing the student up close on DVD how to play it like Curly Chalker. The way he played it on his "More Ways To PLay L.P." then I play and breakit down similar to Jerry Byrd style on my 1937 Silver Rickenbacher steel.

The things that you learn on this course can be used in many different songs, not just this song.

I sell the DVD for $15 plus $2 postage inside the USA.

This has some more advanced type stuff for the steel player, but could be learned by a beginner from the ground up.

If your interested you can order from me at:

Terry Wood
312 North Walnut Street
Marshfield, MO 65706

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2008 11:41 am    

There is alot of stuff on this DVD instructional course for those interested in playing the sounds of the C6th, B6th, Universal type tunings.

Curly Chalker stuff is explained on this where you can play it close to Curly's great rendition of the song.

Also for non-pedal players or those who also play the lap steel and like Jerry Byrd's stle on the song, it's here too.

It's well worth the $15 plus $2 postage.

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Bob Moore

N. Rose, New York
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2008 12:59 pm     c6 course

Terry I didn't see your post on c6. I am going to try to get one in a few weeks. Thanks again Bob
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2008 8:33 am    

Thanks Bob! I think you will really like it.

Terry
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 3:28 pm    

Bob,

I have this new DVD C6th course and also I have a Western Swing C6th Pedal book that I wrote for Hilton Publishers in the 1980s.

The book has all the tablature for standard C6th on a variety of songs and licks, this posted DVD has everything laid out for the C6th style of Chalker and Jerry Byrd on it for "Steelin' The Blues."

The Chalker and Jerry Byrd styles are totally different and there is enough stuff on this DVd to keep a player busy for several days if not for weeks.

Thanks!

Terry Wood
Steve Hamill

California, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2008 6:07 pm     Email not working

Terry,
I've tried a number of times to email you, and the school address always bounces it back. I do the reply verification and it bounces it back again saying the original message was deleted. I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem or not. Maybe a free email address like yahoo, hotmail, or Gmail would be easier for folks to reply to your offerings. Just a friendly heads-up.....
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2008 5:44 am    

Hi Steve,

My e-mail is going through a transition period at my work site now. I use the internet only at my work.

Your probably saying that's crazy in this day in time, but no it is not. Here is our reasoning for this, my wife and I have three small or younger children and we decided against the internet at home. We were on it before and had some problems. Our children are 13, 11 and 3 1/2 years old.

Next, I teach school and they have applied the filters. Even with that we still only get 70% of the junk stuff filtered out according to our computer experts. Also, these are e-mails that are not suitable for students. By the way there are over 1,100 computers in our school district alone.

Sorry for the inconvience, but that is what has happened. However, you can order from my address posted here. You may also telephone me evenings at 417-468-2102. I teach during days, or you may also post or ask questions on the Steel Forum website. I check the Steel Forum postings before and after school almost each day, and also on my lunchtime which is usually around 11:00-11:30 CST.

I have steel courses available in tablature book form, DVD instructions and also I do correspondence steel guitar DVD instructions for individuals. I have students from 5 different states.

As you can imagine I do keep busy, with teaching in public schools, and at home and correspondence. We are also raising three children who are busy in all sorts of actitivities, music lessons, boyscouts, etc. Besides all that I play music at steel shows, record music and sometimes find time to go fishing.

Steve, your e-mails are important to me. Try to send again to me and I will send you a message today.

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Kirk P Dighton

Troy Mills, Iowa
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2008 4:56 am    

Terry- Sounds great. Do you take PayPal? If not I'll order via snail mail. Looking forward to it. Kirk
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2008 5:41 am    

Hi Kirk,

Sorry, I do not take paypal, but you can order by check or money order. Just send it to:

Terry Wood
312 North Walnut Street
Marshfield, MO 65706

THanks and GOD bless!

Terry Wood