| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dave Mudgett w/ Stone Poets, State College PA tonight 3/1/08
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2008 9:41 am    

For those in the Central Pennsylvania area - playing with Kris Kehr and the Stone Poets at Zeno's, College and Allen Streets, downtown State College, tonight 10pm-2am.

Americana, folk-rock, alt-country, you know the drill. Mostly playing pedal steel, but have guitar(s) also. 5-piece acoustic guitars, mandolin, pedal steel, B-3 organ, a bit of electric guitar, upright and electric bass, and drums.
Colm Chomicky

Kansas, (Prairie Village)
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2008 8:59 am    

So you survived "State Patrick's Day" O.K.?
Heard things were a little crazy in town last night!
Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2008 11:37 pm    

Hey Dave,
Hope you guys had a good gig last night.
Nick
Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 1:24 pm    

Yeah, it was crazy, but we survived just fine this time. I didn't know it was "State Patrick's Day" until about an hour before the gig, and not only that, they had a big beer tasting event all afternoon at Zeno's, which boasts one of the finest beer selections I've ever seen anywhere. I was not at all psyched till I got there, and then the crowd turned out to be very large, but great. I assume the serious drinkers were otherwise indisposed. Everybody left was great. I'm not sure I've ever had more people crawling under my steel during set break. Tons of interested guitar players.

This whole "State Patrick's Day" thing came up last year, when Penn State decided to overlap Spring Break with Saint Patrick's Day. Of course, bar owners and students alike were incensed, so they set up "State Patrick's Day" the weekend before the break. Now it has become an institution, so you got it - we now have TWO St. Patrick's Day celebrations at Penn State each year now. This year, the REAL St. Patricks Day celebration is the first day of classes AFTER they get back from Spring Break. You know the students are gonna get a lot of work done THAT couple of days. Rolling Eyes

Ironically, a lot of people believe last year's spring break scheduling was an attempt to avoid the binge-drinking generally associated with St. Patrick's Day. I'm not sure it was, but now we have two days of it institutionalized. I'm thrilled. Confused
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 2:55 pm    

Glad I was safely down the road. Our guys had 3 hours of cleaning puke busses
Dave Mudgett

Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 7:39 pm    

Oh, yeah - I'll bet the Phyrst, the Skellar, and a bunch of other places were a mess. We were very lucky - we had such a nice crowd - but there were a lot of very annoying people on the roads all evening.

It can make this kind of gig more annoying, but I'm generally a complete tee-totaler on a night like this. Not even one. I think the sign says "You Can't Afford It." I think they're right. The police were definitely busy.