| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  This weeks Crook and Chase Gill &TW tribute John Hughey
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2008 12:41 pm    

Vince sang for john "Buttermilk John with Tommy White doing some of Johns bar slant slides..Excellent Job by TW and Vince. Great tribute If you can catch the Crook and Chase Re-run...
David LeBlanc

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2008 2:12 pm    

I`d love to get that chanel Mad Here in the middle of nowere Crying or Very sad
Laurie Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 6:06 am    

We can't get that channel either!!! I wish we could. I would love to have heard Vince sing that song. Roy & I still miss John beyond words. He is forever in our hearts & minds along with prayers for Jean. If we are still having trouble missing John, imagine what Jean and the family are feeling. I know John is in a better place but we sure miss him in our lives. I sure hope Vince puts that song out so we can get it. Thanks for sharing this information. Still a fan of John's & Roy's of coarse! Wink Laurie
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 9:16 am    

Laurie, If the show is rerun which it should be I would be happy to make you a DVD of it....
Laurie Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 10:43 am    

Joe: I would REALLY appreciate that! I would be willing to pay you for the DVD and the postage to get it here. Thank you so much!

I am having a hard time right now with another post on this form about the ISGC and "who plays". I never really understood just what Scotty is up against until I read this post. You know with out our Pioneers, like my husband, Roy who I think and John did too, plays wonderful with full cords and sounds so different from everyone else and the priceless talent of some of the "best" players each year at the convention and who play with our country stars like Vince Gill and The Time Jumpers where would steel guitar be at all? A lot of these new country singers don't even use steel guitar players. You know, God only gives us a short time on this earth and we need to enjoy these players while we can. None of these "same old players" people will ever hear John play a live show again on this earth and that is so sad to us. Kindness and love cost nothing to give. They should all try it, they might like it. In the mean time try some of the "smaller shows" to hear some really good talent too! As for me, I love the ISGC and what it does for all of us from the "old dry ones" to the "you hear them all the time ones". This is where I see "my heroes" and old friends from all over the world. I am thankful we can still go yet. There is a ton of talent at that show both in the main room and the smaller ones.

I'm sorry Joe. Here you offered to do a wonderful thing for me and I get on a soap box.

Hugs to you Joe for being so kind.

Laurie
Clyde Bloodworth

Chancellor, AL (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2008 7:26 pm    

Vince is a class act! How many other stars have you ever heard even mention a side man-let alone pay tribute to one. Vince just went to #1 with me.
Clyde
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2008 6:34 am    

Hey friends,

Just a short Vince story to endorse his good guy status. Last year, my old boss Del Reeves passed away and there was a very nice service for him at the Ryman. Vince sang "Go Rest High" and although I've heard him do it many times, never better than that day. Just him and his guitar. This was right at the beginning of the service, and it would have been very easy for him to slip out the back, having made his appearance. Being the class guy he is though, he came out front and sat with all the rest of us for the rest of the service. As we were walking out, I thanked him and we had a breif but very nice conversation. He asked me when I had worked with Del, and of course, I told him how much I enjoyed working with John on so many steel shows. When I mentioned John, he just smiled and said "He's the best isn't he?" Very, very classy guy.

Jim
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2008 3:32 pm    

Laurie I checked the program guide and it says it will repeat saturday...If its not a misprint I'll tape I'll make a video of the whole show along wiyh this weeks new show....E-mail me your mailing address and I'll ship it the same day I make it....
Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 6:36 am    

You mention 'that channel' but never identify it.....What is it???
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 6:43 am     Sam White

Ben that RFD Channel is 379 and that is with Direct TV. Anna and I watch it all the time and there is a lot of the old country shows on it.
Sam White
Laurie Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 6:48 am    

Thanks Joe! You should already have an email. Laurie
Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 6:56 am    

Thanks.....I am going to turn it on now and set up to record the Vince Gill tribute.
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 9:20 am    

Ben it shows Saturday as being the re-broadcast..