| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Central Ky steel guiar show --Friday, March 7
Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2008 12:40 pm    

hey everyone.... didnt see a post of this on here, so i figured i would go ahead and post it.
Starts at 7:30 with Jerry Overstreet
then at 8:05 Bob Sexton. I (chris castle)will be playing at 8:40. --this will be my first performance after turning 16!! finishing up will be Chubby Howard at 9:15

It is at THE LEXINGTON CONSISTORY, SCOTTISH RITE TEMPLE. 553 Rosemont Garden. lexington, ky.

Directions: From New Circle Rd. North, go South on Broadway just past St. Joseph Hospital, turn Left on Clay's Mill Rd. go 2 blocks... it is on the left facing 553 Rosemont Garden.

Fron New Circle Rd. South, go North on Broadway just past Turfland Mall, turn right on Rosemont Garden then go through the next light... it is on the left just across from Rosemont Baptist Church. 553 Rosemont Garden.

hope to see you there!!
thanks everyone.
--Chris Castle--
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2008 2:54 pm    

Hey Chris. Yeah...I was gonna post a notice, but was waiting for Shoe to post something as he is usually the one to make the announcement.

I haven't played the show in a few years, but am looking forward to playing for the folks again.

I'll be opening for the guys and may be bringing some reinforcements with me to cover my goofs Exclamation

I went over to the Central Ky Steel club's website earlier this week and all the info had been updated to include this Mar. event. However, just now I was gonna provide a link to the event page over there but can't seem to find the site. Either it has been compromised, or closed. The url is www.steelpickersclub.com but all I get is some info about the element, not the instrument. Confused Dunno what's up with that. Know anything about this Shoe, Winston, Fred, anybody Question

Last edited by Jerry Overstreet on 21 Feb 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2008 4:36 pm    

well i cant wait to meet you jerry. I got the same thing when i went to look at the webpage... it was up the other night but now i cant bring it up.
i will be briging a few guys who know my music with me to back me up,, and of course boogie sherrard will be playing too : ) last time i played at the pickers club i played drums for another steeler there too. i play just about everything. my dad will be playing guiar and we might sing a tune or 2.
i dont know anything about shoe or anybody.

but like i said, i hadnt seen a post, so i figured i would atleast let other steeler's know of it in time to make plans to come!

--chris---
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2008 8:00 pm    

Likewise Chris, and I'm most anxious to hear you play. I missed your performance last time you were there but I hear you wowed 'em Exclamation

The reference to Shoe related to Ed Shoemaker who I think was the webmaster or creator of the CKSGC.

Anyways, looking forward to the show if we can get rid of this nasty icy weather by then.
Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2008 3:02 pm    

well Jerry i cant wait til the show... it should be a great show! I know exactly what you mean with the weather... we've had quite a rough time here in eastern ky,, but i believe it's about over. (hopefully)

Check out my website Jerry it is www.steelpickn.com
Shoe

Richmond, KY USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2008 6:20 am    

Thanks for doing my job for me. I have been out of business on the web site for some time. Seems me and Roadrunner and Front Page extensions aren't compatible. But I am back on line and will publish pictures of the next show, March 7.
Thanks guys.
www.steelpickersclub.com
Shoe
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2008 2:35 pm    

...bumpers....
Ed, I see the website is viewable again. Thanks Exclamation

See ya'll on the 7th Exclamation
Chubby Howard

Franklin, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2008 8:01 pm    

See everbody there looking forward to another great show!!! Thanks,Chubby Howard