| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Has Willie Lost It!
Allen Peterson

Katy, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 8:25 am    

I read in the paper where Willie Nelson says that 9/11 didn't really happen. He says the when the towers fell they were imploded and that nothing struck the buildings. He's trying to make it a conspiracy theory or something.

Well my son-in-law was there and he saw the plane hit the south tower with his own eyes and darn near died trying to get away.

I think Willie has been smokin' too much hooch.

Allen Peterson

Maryville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 8:29 am    

I know it really happened. BUT, I don't think we know what there is to know about why it happened or who was exactly behind it.

Dennis
Allen Peterson

Katy, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 8:47 am    

Dennis you may be correct in some regards. Al Qaida will take credit for anything, but I doubt our government had anything to do with imploding the towers to kill our own citizens. You've got a gang of Arabs on planes. It was a well-planned attack that has been thoroughly documented. They've got the voice transcripts from the planes and I doubt they were faked by the US government. What would they have to gain by it?

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 8:58 am    

If Bush wanted this war, then a 'sound' motive is what they had to gain...

I think we can calculate the life-expectancy of this thread in minutes rather than hours...

Very Happy You go, Willie!

RR
Mike Winter

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 9:12 am    

He didn't say 9/11 didn't happen. He didn't say a plane didn't hit the Towers. He says that the towers fell too symetrically, and looked like they imploded from the inside. In other words, they were hit by planes, but that didn't make them fall the way they did.

Willie: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020408_towers_imploded.htm

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=willie+nelson+9%2F11+&search_type=&search=Search

Also:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/775476,CST-NWS-sept1104.article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

Counting down... Smile

Last edited by Mike Winter on 6 Feb 2008 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 9:32 am    

IMO Willie lost it years ago, politically speaking, but perhaps not and more so than the other 9-11 conspiracy theorists.

I know that for some, George Bush will always be "Dr. Evil", but get an grip!

Of course the impact of the planes didn't make the buildings fall. The way it's been explained by experts is that melting support structures or taking them out with controlled explosives are apt to cause a similar effect-- pancaking of the milti-story tower into itself.
Marc Jenkins

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 9:39 am    

I watched an excellent documentary (unfortunately, I can't recall the name) in which engineers describe the same phenomenon. The towers, apparently, fell just like buildings that were detonated for demolition. You can see this in any of the video footage.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 9:47 am    

It was the neo-cons.... Laughing Laughing
Edward Meisse

Santa Rosa, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:04 am    

According to my memory of scientific terms, a theory is a set of ideas that fit all the known facts. The more facts you have, therefore, the fewer theories are going to fit. It is very troubling to me that there was not sufficient investigation here for anyone to be able to make a definitive statement about what happened. And the lack of a MEANINGFUL investigation here is what is lending credibility to alternative ideas about what may have happened. According to what I've read, more and more demolision engineers and construction engineers around the world are looking at the films and agrreeing that it does look like the buildings might have been destroyed by demolision charges. But what are we supposed to do with that? Close inspection of the wreckage would have closed the case one way or the other. It was not done.

Last edited by Edward Meisse on 6 Feb 2008 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Allen Peterson

Katy, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:05 am    

Oh, so I am suppose to believe that two planes struck the twin tower and then George Bush came along an hour later and imploded the buildings with 3000 people in them.

Give me a break!

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:14 am    

Allen Peterson wrote:
Oh, so I am suppose to believe that two planes struck the twin tower and then George Bush came along an hour later and imploded the buildings with 3000 people in them.

Give me a break!

No, if that had been George's plan, the buildings would still be standing today. Laughing Laughing Laughing

The countdown continues...
Mike Winter

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:23 am    

Quote:
I know that for some, George Bush will always be "Dr. Evil", but get an grip!

That couldn't possibly be true, because Dr. Evil was an inept, bumbling fool...

The countdown continues...who will be the lucky last poster before total lockdown? Laughing
Edward Meisse

Santa Rosa, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:33 am    

It's going to be me, by god! Laughing

Toledo, OH USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:39 am    

This will help get 'er locked up:

DIXIE CHICKS!

Katy, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:43 am    

I am waiting for this thread to implode just like the twin towers. Smile

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:44 am    

Edward Meisse wrote:
According to my memory of scientific terms, a theory is a set of ideas that fit all the known facts. The more facts you have, therefore, the fewer theories are going to fit. It is very troubling to me that there was not sufficient investigation here for anyone to be able to make a definitive statement about what happened. And the lack of a MEANINGFUL investigation here is what is lending credibility to alternative ideas about what may have happened. According to what I've read, more and more demolision engineers and construction engineers around the world are looking at the films and agrreeing that it does look like the buildings might have been destroyed by demolision charges. But what are we supposed to do with that? Close inspection of the wreckage would have closed the case one way or the other. It was not done.

How sufficient do you need? We have film after film of planes hitting the towers. If that's not enough "evidence" then you're just an idiot.
Mike Winter

Portland, OR
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:52 am    

No one said planes didn't hit the towers...

The Chicks:

"Judgment without the facts hurts many people. The condemnation of Natalie Maines and the Dixie Chicks turned out to be unjust. The war in Iraq is an unmitigated disaster. It is impossible to deny it, unless of course you still reside in a world of illusion. She was correct in her support of love and peace. In this case the anti-war stance is the just and the right stance to take."

Robert A. Meyer

Tick, tick, tick...
P Gleespen

Toledo, OH USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 10:57 am    

Chris Schlotzhauer wrote:
Edward Meisse wrote:

How sufficient do you need? We have film after film of planes hitting the towers. If that's not enough "evidence" then you're just an idiot.

I don't think (dixie chicks) that anybody here is denying that planes hit the (dixie) towers (chicks). It seems like some people are questioning (dixie) the way that the towers collapsed.

(chicks)

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:01 am    

You're right. Fire can't melt steel, so I've heard.
Michael Douchette

Gallatin, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:28 am    

Mr. Clinton (whom I rarely agree with) stated it well in an incident the other night. At one of th rallys, a lady stood up and said we did 9-11. Mr. Clinton responded (close), "Do you realize how stupid we look to the rest of the world when people like you say that? We didn't do it, now shut up and sit down!"

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/

Last edited by Michael Douchette on 6 Feb 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Connie Mack

phoenicia, new york
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:29 am    

with all due respect to anyone reading this. willie nelson has stated what millions of people around the world believe. putting himself and his career on the line.

i used to think that the idea was absolutely insane. so i decided to disprove it myself. i was too smart to fall for such quackery.

guess what? i came to the same conclusion.

i will give no evidence to back up willie's argument.

do the research yourself and make up your own mind.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:30 am    

I heard that clip. It's the first time I can remember giving Slick a big "atta boy"
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:38 am    

How could you possibly research this personally? Go to websites and read all of the speculation?
The Kennedy Assassination was investigated. The Warren commission gave it's findings and 45 years later, we still have our theories.
You believe what you believe. And if you believe that crap, all I can say is have fun with it.
Glenn Suchan

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:41 am    

To those that truly believe the government or somebody sabotaged the WTC, and that the collapse couldn't be caused by just the impact of two large passenger aircraft: Although I wasn't in NYC at the time of the tragedy, I visited the following March. From what I could see, most of what was left of these buildings was completely pulverized... as in dust and ash. This includes everything, including human remains. I don't see how any forensic investigation could conclusively tell if the buildings were sabotaged from within. Besides, in a normal demolision project, the contractor studies the structure in great detail. Then, key structures are cut and explosives are set strategically throughout the structure. How could this take place in a 1,000,000 ton twin structure without telltale signs such as unusal noises or vibrations, or shaking from the compromised structure; not to mention how all of the prep work could be done without alerting the 24/7 building security.

Regarding the collapse of the WTC, go to this link. A lot of info:

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

Keep on pickin'
Glenn
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 11:43 am    

Five or so years back we had an "Off Topic" board on the forum for this kind of thing. "Now where did that that thing go?" Question