| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Moving, moved, and on the move
Scott Shipley

The Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 5:55 pm    

Wanted to let everyone know that I now have a new website and will be closing the old page in a few days. The new url is:
www.myspace.com/scottshipleymusic
I will be posting music from the new CD as soon as I get it finished (mixing now), and yes, there is lots of steel guitar courtesy Fred Newell, Carco Clave, myself and a few more surprise guests. New pictures too, and not ONE b*njo pic in the lot.
And, I decided after 13 years in music city to make a move. It occurred to me that when I'm home off the road, I wanted to be HOME. Not working non-stop as I have a tendency to do. I moved back to my hometown of West Plains, Missouri in the BEAUTIFUL Ozark mountains. Got a building on the square (built in 1892) and am building a studio there as well as an apartment. Couldn't be happier or more focused. Haven't left the business, not by a long shot, just the town.
Winking
But wait there's more.........I'll be leaving this Wednesday for Europe to start the Spring tour. I'll be in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Great Britain (and a Great Britain it is!), and Ireland. I'm looking forward to going back across the pond. The tour is on my website, so if you live anywhere close to one of my gigs please come out and say howdy!
Thanks b0b.

Last edited by Scott Shipley on 5 Feb 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 6:34 pm    

Scott
Congrats on the move back to MO! As you may or may not know, all my in-laws live in MO, I go up there a couple times a year at least, and Columbia is high on the list of where the wife and I may retire!

I totally enjoyed being in your band this year at St. Agreve. Here's hoping I can make more music with you in the future. Hopefully one day I too can be a legend, one that will never be a star! Wink

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Scott Shipley

The Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2008 8:17 pm    

Thank you for the kind words brother Herb! That was a blast up in those mountains in France. Great buncha folks, and you played yer tail off. We will definately hafta do that again!
Holler at me next time you're comin' through West Plains, it's right on the way to Columbia.

The Ozark Mountains
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2008 12:45 am    

Bump